Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stupid question: How to attach 075 to C38?

Quote Originally Posted by EddieJ View Post
    toddalin, terrific, fantastic advice!

The mounting plate is only 3/8" thick, so 3/4" plywood makes much more sense. Do you agree?

RE: woofer mounting kit, clamp set ? ? ?
    There had to be a way to attached 15" woofers without drilling. There are 4 holes on the outside of the 15" cutout with T-nuts and 5/16" bolts. So I'd bet my life savings that Madoff is carefully investing for me, that JBL had some type of "clamp" set. Good call, toddalin.

The big questions is: where can I find 8 of these "clamps".
    Do you have a creative solution that might work?
    I would rather not drill holes into the baffle board. I typically drink 3-5 double espressos before lunch. Then it's martini time.
    This is what you are looking for (MA-15). Perhaps someone can tell you where to get them.

Do you have a creative solution that might work?
    I would rather not drill holes into the baffle board..
    It looks like the holes might already be there, maybe the gasket is what came with the clamp kit:

MA15 Loudspeaker Mounting Kit
    The MA15 simplifies front mounting of JBL
    380 mm (15 in) loudspeakers and permits
    a degree of latitude in the diameter of the
    mounting cutout. The kit consists of seal-
    ing gaskets, four cast clamps and four
    mounting screws with T-nuts.
    There are always some on Ebay if you can't find them locally:
    http://ebayitem.com/310112807219

I can't vouch for this guy's parts and the ones I've seen use a large Phillips-head bolt, not the Allens his kits have. The clamps appear to be the same though.

These from LH forum member Kenji (Japan) appear to be the real-deal:

Member here, Saeman, might also be able to supply you or give JBL pro a call. I don't know the part number and "MA15" doesn't show up on the parts lists I can find on the JBLPro site.
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

speaker clamp, JBL P/N 943065

you could still order screws, t-nuts, and clamps from jblpro, last I checked.

See part numbers (pg 2):

http://www.jblproservice.com/pdf/Sou...ries/4745A.pdf

clamps -were- less than $3/ea, but that may have changed.

Ah.... and the clamps were no longer painted black... raw metal finish.

RE: woofer mounting kit, clamp set ? ? ?

Call JBL Parts (818) 894-8850

I have ordered them with these part numbers before... grumpy's numbers are different, but are the same parts, so you should check out both sets of numbers.

Clamps part #60958
    bolts are #73522
    T-nuts are #834-44011-00

If they are in stock they will sell you as many as you like... I am not sure what the current price is, but they are quite reasonable... since they are no longer sold painted, shoot them with a can of Krylon Semi-Flat Black like the eBay fellow is doing and you are in business.

Widget

I'll call JBL tomorrow and order the clamps. Once I get the drivers mounted, I should probably address the original circa 1960 N2600. I'm afraid to ask: recap or leave alone?

By the time I get these speakers up and running I'll need to bring them with me to the nursing home.

Thanks for all your help. I truly, absolutely, positively appreciate all your suggestions and advice.

I'll call JBL tomorrow and order the clamps. Once I get the drivers mounted, I should probably address the original circa 1960 N2600. I'm afraid to ask: recap or leave alone?
    Put 'em together and have a listen. It'll probably sound fine. If you like it, recap 'em later. If you don't, don't waste the time. My N2400s still seem to be working fine but then understand I know nothing about JBLs.
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

JBL Dog

I have 8 clamps with t-nuts, JBL issue. Send a PM if you're still looking. Gaskets are likely available from JBL.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by JBL Dog View Post
    Gaskets are likely available from JBL.
    If I just wanted to get them together to hear them, I'd be tempted to just use a removable strip caulk, available locally to most as a 3M product from automobile paint & body-shop supply houses. Some call it "dum-dum".

Thanks again for all your help

Finally, the 030 system is up and running. Right now I'm listening to Andre Segovia and the speakers sound good.

I want to be sure everything works before I refinish the cabinets, get legs, etc. Tomorrow, I'll gradually crank up the volume and try a range of music, perhaps Wes Montgomery, Cheap Trick and Foo Fighters.

Thanks JBL Dog for the offer, however I ordered clamps from JBL right away. The clamps from JBL arrived today, and they don't look too bad unpainted. I may leave them as is.

The 3 1/8" hole saw was a great idea for the 075. I couldn't find a 3 1/8" hole saw at any of the hardware stores in town. My next door neighbor works with wood and he didn't have that size. A friend who builds homes didn't have that size either, but he gave me a great idea that worked. I bought a 3" hole saw kit and with a rasp make a 3 1/8" hole.

I want to thank all of you for your patience, your suggestions and helping me get my first JBL speakers working.

Right now I'm listening to Andre Segovia and the speakers sound good.

Now try some 'cello!

Cello?

Classical music is quite new to me. How about Bach The Complete Brandenburg Concerti, Otto Klemperer, on vinyl? Any cello in there?

Or Bach: Mass in B Minor. I've got both albums here and haven't given them a spin yet.

Can you suggest a specific album that should sound excellent on these ol' JBLs?

Not necessarily cello specific, but quite a few forum members have weighed in on their favorite classical pieces to listen to (on their JBL's, of course ) over at this thread:

http://www.audioheritage.org/vbullet...ead.php?t=8260

Enjoy the music!

Best,
    - Mike

Classical music is quite new to me...

Can you suggest a specific album that should sound excellent on these ol' JBLs?

Thread Information