Posted this to vintage asylum with no response:

No visible model numbers. They stand 19 3/4 inches tall plus about 3 3/8 for the stand-up base on the bottom. They are 27 3/4 inches wide and not too lightweight, maybe 60 pounds or so each. The drivers are a 15-inch LE-15A, a 4-inch cone mid with 58G stamped on the back and the aluminum foil dustcap on the front, and some little (direct radiating?) tweeter that is a black plastic circle a little smaller than the mid with a slit down the middle that reveals a corner of what looks like clear plastic or plexiglass. As the woofer foam is kerblooie, I have not tried to hook the speakers up to see what or who comes out.

When I looked at the front of the baffles, I thought that maybe the boxes were home made, as they came out of a place with lots of shop equipment and the fronts of the baffles around the drivers look to be covered of wallpaper displaying line drawings of naked people. Then I see that JBL used to make things called Olympus and Apollo and such, so maybe not, I don't know.

There are two different JBL crossover-type inputs on the back of each box, like they are set up for bi-wiring, bi-amping, or by, by, birdie. These look to be the standard crossovers from JBL from around 1970 for the LE15A and their mids and tweeters.

The grill situation is also unusual. They have a burgundy cloth that is attached on only the top and dangles in front of the drivers and illustrated baffles.

These are JBLs with no port. IIRC, JBL used to said that all JBLs are ported. I can't find one.

Very luckily for me, the standard questions to ask in a situation like this are exactly the ones that I want to ask: (1) What model, if any, are these? (2) Any good? (3) Should I plan on recapping all those crossovers? (4) Any reason not to use generic surrounds to replace the foam? (5) Anything to do to make them better than whatever they already are?

TIA for any info