Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I LOVE Monster Cable!

Talking I LOVE Monster Cable!

I got several lengths of Monster Cable Z Series speaker wire in a box of goodies I picked up on ebay. Also included were numerous Monster Cable interconnects, some banana plugs , 12V trigger wires, etc.

Now I feel so cool and complete, like I'm really an audiophile! My life seems more meaningful somehow. I feel I've been transported to a new dimension of sound, taken to a far-away nirvana of sonic pleasure.

I want to personally thank Mr. Noel Lee and all the Monsters for the thousands of hours of hard work that have gone into the unique, perfect design of the special, magical wires and the 22nd Century science of the cable sheaths and connectors. I also want to express my gratitude for the care with which they prevent lazy, cheating competitors from stealing their ideas about using wires to connect things or even from ripping off their unique name, like trying to confuse me into thinking Monster trucks should be part of my home cinema when they're clearly not Monster Cable products.

I love you, Monster! and I wish everyone could love you as much as I do. Here's how I feel:
    Out.

Monster Cable is quite good in car installs where the voltages are a lot less and a 1000w system will draw dozens and dozens of amps. In home systems though, is it really any better than lamp cord?

Allan.

Just make sure you don't hook them up backwards so the current is flowing the wrong way. And be sure to use the special spacers to keep the wires off the carpet.

We were just out and had a good meal. Now I am in the mood to pour out some words, even sentences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Dome View Post
    I'm really an audiophile ... taken to a far-away nirvana of sonic pleasure.
    Thinking about your new purchases of speakers etc. which still need a new home for proper setup NIRVANA can only be a state without any thinking feeling or even action - no music at all.
    I got several lengths ... on ebay.
    Presumably a good price. I have never heard Monster Cable will be nonconductiv. And when the music will be heard again you know brother you are on earth again. - Enjoy!

JBL 4645
    Sorry to bust your bubble Dome but the term LOVE is the wrong meaning.

It’s I like Monster cable not LOVE. I dislike Monster cable see the difference.

My step-mom, corrected me on this LOVE thingy, 20 plus years ago. No you can’t LOVE Star Trek. And its true it doesn’t give me any love or affection.

Now my cat gives me afflation and therefore I LOVE my cat.

By the way I dislike Monster Cable I would touch it with a ten foot barge pole.

Now the question is do I LOVE you man. Well I can tell you straight that I am straight and I don’t say things like I love you man. It might be taken the wrong way. I like you, I think your cool, I mean real cool dude.

JBL 4645
    Quote Originally Posted by Allanvh5150 View Post
    Monster Cable is quite good in car installs where the voltages are a lot less and a 1000w system will draw dozens and dozens of amps. In home systems though, is it really any better than lamp cord?

Allan.
    I’d sooner take my chances with lamp cord than anything else, I mean the prices for few meters of audio RCA phone is like £25, 00 pounds I don’t have that sort of money for lead that is less than 3 meters long now it if was 3 meters I might think about it. I use cheap ole Tandy leads and they still perform after 10 years plus, now then.

So you folks think this is so funny? I feel sorry for you. Maybe I am a fool to write this answer, as I know those who don't want to hear, don't hear, or have problems with the hearing.

Some weeks ago I bought a pair of balanced cables, price about US$ 20. This, I was told was the cables one used in broadcasting companies, as well as in many recording studios. (Here in Norway anyway). Well I disconnected my MONSTER Sigma interlink cables from the CD player to the preamp, and hooked up the balanced ones.

I took me no more than a few minutes of listening, hearing the hars squeezy and boomy sound, not to talk about the stereo image, to go back to my MONSTER Sigma again. The MONSTER Sigma had a price when I bought them to about US$ 2000, and is worth it! You can compare the difference to change to a better pre or power amp.

Remember this is interconnect cables. Regarding speaker cables there is not so much difference.

The old bottom line - if you hear a difference, you buy it.

I wouldn't call you a fool, except for the arrogant insults,
    you seem to be basically a likeable guy, but me?
    I feel sorry for you. Driven to spend that kind of money on minor components in your system
    - fortunately you have money to burn for such esoteria - how nice ...

There's no way I would spend $2000 for interconnect wires ...
    and from the previous arguments over this topic,
    I'd say many folks feel the same way, your insults not-withstanding.

If YOU think you can hear THAT big a difference, well then, hey, your purchase is justified.
    I'm just not doing that tedious waltz with you again.

Quote Originally Posted by Rolf View Post
    I took me no more than a few minutes of listening, hearing the harsh squeezy and boomy sound, not to talk about the stereo image, to go back to my MONSTER Sigma again. The MONSTER Sigma had a price when I bought them to about US$ 2000, and is worth it! You can compare the difference to change to a better pre or power amp.

Remember this is interconnect cables. Regarding speaker cables there is not so much difference.
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

Rolf, I did not say any meaningful about Monster Cables and I was not negativ.

Arrogant insults? THAT was not my intention at all! I just pointed out that there at two "camps". One that can hear a difference, and those who can't or don't want to hear the difference.

Those that are happy with lamp cords as a speaker wire, and $10 interconnects, well that would have been nice for me because then I did not have to spend much money on cables.

Sorry, but I don't understand the meaning of your last sentence.

Quote Originally Posted by hjames View Post

I wouldn't call you a fool, except for the arrogant insults,
    you seem to be basically a likeable guy, but me?
    I feel sorry for you. Driven to spend that kind of money on minor components in your system
    - fortunately you have money to burn for such esoteria - how nice ...

and from the previous arguments over this topic,
    I'd say many folks feel the same way, your insults not-withstanding.

If YOU think you can hear THAT big a difference, well then, hey, your purchase is justified.
    I'm just not doing that tedious waltz with you again.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoerninger View Post
    Rolf, I did not say any meaningful about Monster Cables and I was not negativ.

JBL 4645
    What will justify the results over many other inexpensive cables? A voltmeter an oscilloscope a frequency measurement RTA, have I missed anything out? I’m curious like most of you are.:dont-know

Okay, then does JBL use there own certified cable? I don’t know because I haven’t seen any as of yet unless I’ve been living under rock.

That’s why I brought JBL because I like sound of it at the Empire Leicester Square, and that it had legacy a heritage that stretches all the way back to first talkie.

I’m also positive they weren’t using Monster® cable with the original 13KW THX and I’m almost certain there not using it with the 56KW THX. Instinct tells me, now then.

Now if I’m wrong, you guys can slap me, like bitch.

When patch cords were called patch cords or RCA cords they didn't sound different. However when people started calling them "interconnects" the sonic differences became immediately obvious.

Note that high priced wires started at the same time that the drug addlled, self indulgent and delusional Baby Boomers started coming into money.

JBL 4645
    I seem to recall what Heather said last, year about most cables come from copper mines for telecommunications systems, unless I’ve misquoted that statement?

So you folks think this is so funny? I feel sorry for you. Maybe I am a fool to write this answer, as I know those who don't want to hear, don't hear, or have problems with the hearing.

I took me no more than a few minutes of listening, hearing the hars squeezy and boomy sound, not to talk about the stereo image, to go back to my MONSTER Sigma again. The MONSTER Sigma had a price when I bought them to about US$ 2000, and is worth it! You can compare the difference to change to a better pre or power amp.

I'm really happy for you Rolf , the $2000 innerconnects must be connected to the $4000 CD player ? (playing the $10 CD ? ) at this point I wud think the old 4343 are the weak link ...If I were you , I'd kick them out to the curb and go put deposit on the new K3's to take full advantage of the super interconns ..

Well , Bill Gates and Rolf do , us 'po foke just dont have the hearing
    to appreciate the nano difference.

So if I had Warren Buffet's discreshionary income , would I buy them ? Well , I enjoy thrift stores ...other day the old lady said "bet you wouldnt shop the thrifts if you won the lottery" ....then she corrected herself and said "Oh, you prolly wud " ...I agreed. ...even with WB's money ...NO

OBTW:
    When in Asia last year I was on the commercial audio alley , they had all the MONSTER stuff next to the generic Chinese branded gear,,,I looked both over very carefully , it was identical - except the name & price....everything they had was from China, nothing from US , do you think they bought expensive US Monster connects to sell ? I think not, it all came from the same factory.
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

Thread Information