Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: JBL Studio Monitor GS-115

I also have a pair of these...inherited from a friend...been trying to find some info on them for ages to no avail.

Mine don't have the grill around the tweeter, but look exactly the same otherwise. Same JBL badge too.

They sound fine though...really quite flat & neutral ( although one exhibits the same farting noise with sub freqs as described)

Any more info would be great!

Question Jbl gs-115

Hi there,

My company was donated a pair of these JBL GS-115 you've all been speculating about here.

One of these tweeters has blown and I was wondering what the approximate value of a fully functional set of these speakers might be and if they would be worth repairing?

Before the tweeter was damaged they sounded pretty good, even in an untreated classroom!

Cheers!

Dan

JBL 4645
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph856 View Post
    I'm a little surprised to hear that a respectable company like Turnkey would have risked damaging their reputation by selling 'fake' JBL's
    Turnkey in London not that Turnkey! I haven’t brought anything from them in years now. So they’re fake! I read somewhere another company I think its studio spares making those classic Yamaha 2-way monitors I think there M something?

I don't think it is fair to suggest that these are 'fake'
    I bought a pair of these from Turnkey in the 90's and they have been going strong ever since. They give an excellent response. Yes .. I recall the pair cost around £250 which was reasonable at the time. They are a passive monitor, and they probably were, as suggested, a 'job lot' bought specially by that firm (Charing Cross Road in London) and therefore recommended by them to new customers
    I for one, have certainly been satisfied

Thread Information