I decided as recent replies to posts in the music category "What's Playing Now" have sparked some off topic comments, which I do enjoy, I'd put forth the question here.

I currently use two Crown XLS-202's, one model which features the former styling and the newer 202, where the designers restyled the faceplate and eliminated one cooling fan. I haven't had the time to peruse the specifications, schematics, or pop the tops to have a look see. I also wish to examine the various internal components used in manufacture. Both are made in the mystical land of China, in which I'm currently taking a course in it's history from the sixteenth century to the nineteenth century; when in my opinion, their political ideologies were a little more cohesive to global harmony.

One evening while connecting a new crossover unit, I began to try different combination's of bi-amping my Altec Model 14's. I chose dedicated right/ left speaker amplification at this time. During a prolonged listening session I noticed a difference in the sonic qualities exhibited by each amplifier. This peculiarity, although not a major issue, still annoyed me after a while. With certain media I have to compensate the volume levels, increasing the newer unit one notch, sometimes two, to achieve a proper right/left balance. I have owned many Crown amps, some in multi-amp applications, for decades past and never experienced anything like this before. Tonality remains constant.

My question: Has anyone ever experienced this characteristic with their system? Replies from members owning amplifiers of various manufacturers would be highly appreciated.

Aye' ....Tanx ! Jeenie 67.