Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Crown Vs. Crown..The China Syndrome !

Quote Originally Posted by SEAWOLF97 View Post
    Is Snap-on available to the general public ?? the one time I looked , was for business only ?
    They are available to any one that want's to buy them, the issue I guess is they are sold off a tool truck only. Most trucks are franchised and the owners don't cruise neighborhoods so if you don't work at a shop, procurement would be difficult I suppose. Many dealers have internet stores so you could shop like that I guess.

You will most likely experience sever sticker shock, but I tell you what, when you really use hand tools hard every day all day long, having a wrench or socket or ratchet that will not break under any sensible circumstance is worth the price, easily.

Someone showed me a bubble pack of Snap-On trinkets made in China from Costco and what ever that crap is, it is not the stuff you buy from a truck.
    If we knew what the hell we were doing, we wouldn't call it research would we.

Some good news!

I just bought another new I-Tech 500HD and, wait for it,, still made in Elkhart Lake, Indiana!

At least the mission critical tour duty stuff is still made here.

Barry.

Some bad news....

The Crown website shows the DriveCore CT4150 as being made in the United States (from the image of the rear of amp). I try to avoid Chinese made products because of the hacking of all my personal information (the hack of the US security clearance forms) by the Chinese government. To my dismay the CT4150 I just received is made in China (but proudly proclaimed to be designed in the US).

Seems like this should be illegal, it sure is unethical.

GRRRRRRRRRR That sucks!

I want to buy three more I-Tech HD amps by end of year but if they are now also made in China I will buy something else.

Barry.

Thread Information