Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Building an 044ti

Building an 044ti

Looked for spec sheets but couldn't find any.

Can 035ti parts be swapped into an 044-1 to make a 044ti? In other words do the 044Ti and 035ti use the same diaphragm/magnet assembly?

Obsolete
    No.

Not exactly a detailed response.

What are the differences?

- Edited to fool those pesky yahoo slurp spiders / ( I do believe the info is now out there ) .

<>

Quote Originally Posted by rdgrimes View Post
    Not exactly a detailed response.

What are the differences?
    If this could be done, don't you think there would be a thread here already telling how to do it?

What difference does it make what the differences are? It can't be done. Try forgetting about it and find something else to mull over.

Not exactly a detailed response . . . .
    Wouldn't it be nonsense to take time to explain why nonsense is nonsense? Try having a little consideration and respect for someone of vastly greater experience and knowledge and maybe a lot more to do than you have.

I'm glad you asked and avoided wasting some perfectly good parts . . . let it go, fergodsakes. But I don't appreciate you presuming on the time and patience of a friend of ours who has already answered your question sufficiently.

You need to read Thomas Kuhn's essay on convergent and divergent thinking. It says the chances of an ignorant person in any complex field coming up with an original and creative idea is practically nil.

Dave do you read minds??

Rob
    "I could be arguing in my spare time"

Quote Originally Posted by Earl K View Post
    - Track down Gordon Waters ( ? - spelling ) over at AudioKarma .
    Isn't this the same Gordon? http://audioheritage.org/vbulletin/member.php?u=161

or: http://www.geocities.com/gordonwaters/

Quote Originally Posted by speakerdave View Post
    You need to read Thomas Kuhn's essay on convergent and divergent thinking. It says the chances of an ignorant person in any complex field coming up with an original and creative idea is practically nil.
    You need to read some books on manners, and get over yourself. But somehow I don't see that happening.

Geeeeez.......here we go again.

My favorite old phrase to Marketing from back in my engineering days was:

"Well Mr Grimm, I wish we could change the laws of physics just for you, but ..."
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

Quote Originally Posted by Robh3606 View Post
    Dave do you read minds??

Rob
    Occasionally, yes.

You need to read some books on manners . . . .
    I'll look into it. In the meantime, let me tell you that the foundation of manners is understanding the pragmatic of the social situation you are in. Your follow-up question to 4313B (really more like a demand) shows that you do not understand the pragmatic of this forum, or you do and you don't care.

Let's keep things civil. You asked if it could fit. The answer is no. I had the same thought jump into my head as Dave did. Basically yeah he has nothing better to do than to drop everything he is doing to figure it out. I realize that's probably not what you meant but it was the first thing that popped into my head. That said if he chooses to elaborate that's his choice.

Off the top of my head apples and oranges. The 044ti is mounted like an 066 so it's on a little phenolic board. The 035ti is mounted to a new plastic top plate. I doubt you could even get it off without destroying the diaphram and the VC wires. In addition I beleive the 044ti uses a higher gauss magnet.

Rob
    "I could be arguing in my spare time"

Quote Originally Posted by speakerdave View Post
    Wouldn't it be nonsense to take time to explain why nonsense is nonsense? Try having a little consideration and respect for someone of vastly greater experience and knowledge and maybe a lot more to do than you have.

Yeah well there are those who innocently waste others time and those who deliberately choose to do so based on recent events.

OK, so maybe it's not such a practical idea suggesting the reading of essays here. My bad.

It's called "The Structure of Scientific Revolutions" and I think is the source of that phrase we all have perhaps heard ad nauseam--"paradigm shift"--and is only tangentially relevant to what was going on here.

The basic idea is that one best spend his time trying to learn everything one can about what has gone into creating the present state of the art before throwing out ideas about going off in a new direction.

The least examination of the two drivers in question would have answered the question.

It is just not right to prevail upon a knowledgable, considerate and helpful person to do things for you that you can do for yourself.

Yeah, this is off topic, but it is not irrelevant to the forum, because knowledgable and helpful people who begin to feel imposed upon have a way of diappearing, which lowers the quality of doings here for all.

So, if my response is a bit overwrought, it will not have the desired effect, and that appears to be the case.

So . . . never mind.

And forget about the two 044ti cores that are on ebay right now, unless you have some NOS kits for them.

Thread Information