Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Building an 044ti

Quote Originally Posted by Robh3606 View Post
    Off the top of my head apples and oranges. The 044ti is mounted like an 066 so it's on a little phenolic board. The 035ti is mounted to a new plastic top plate. I doubt you could even get it off without destroying the diaphram and the VC wires. In addition I beleive the 044ti uses a higher gauss magnet.

Rob
    More or less what I thought. But I can't find any relevant tech sheets on both tweeters. My initial interest was in whether the entire diaphragm/magnet assembly could be dropped into an 044ti frame.

Apparently, asking dumb questions is against forum etiquette according to the local speaker gods. I'll try not to make the same mistake again. Thanks for the one helpful response.

This is a page of JBL Pro's "Goes into List."

http://www.jblproservice.com/pdf/Goe...nto%20List.pdf

The model numbers in the left column are recone kits. The model numbers in the right column are the model numbers of the driver frames they will work in. Notice the complete lack of any mention of the 044ti frame opposite the 035tia kit.

Quote Originally Posted by hjames View Post
    My favorite old phrase to Marketing from back in my engineering days was:

"Well Mr Grimm, I wish we could change the laws of physics just for you, but ..."
    The laws of physics are made to be broken. Einstein gave us the theory of relativity, which is totaly bupkiss, and then he made up another called "The Special theory of relativity" to try to explain everything that the main theory couldnt. Not that long ago it was impossible to travel faster than 30mph for fear of suffocation. Then the sound barrier would never be broken..........then it is impossibel to travel faster than light. But as we all know there are particles that travel faster than light. Go figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Allanvh5150 View Post
    . . . . But as we all know there are particles that travel faster than light . . . .
    And backwards in time (Richard Feynman, Quantum Electrodynamics--a readable, non-mathematical description of his work in the 1950's that got him a share in the Nobel Prize), but I'm pretty sure she was referencing the Newtonian world that is sufficient for audio.

Quote Originally Posted by speakerdave View Post
    This is a page of JBL Pro's "Goes into List."

http://www.jblproservice.com/pdf/Goe...nto%20List.pdf

The model numbers in the left column are recone kits. The model numbers in the right column are the model numbers of the driver frames they will work in. Notice the complete lack of any mention of the 044ti frame opposite the 035tia kit.
    The list isnt exaustive.

C8R2235 $186.00 2230A, 2231A, 2231H, 2234H, 2235H

No mention of 2225 or E140. 2225 is identical and the E140 works but it is a bit of a frankenstein.

Allan.

The list isnt exaustive.

C8R2235 $186.00 2230A, 2231A, 2231H, 2234H, 2235H

No mention of 2225 . . . .
    The 2225 still has its own cone available.

Quote Originally Posted by speakerdave View Post
    The 2225 still has its own cone available.
    But try as I may I find 2235's hard to come by. 2235 kits on the other hand are easy and they are a 2235 in the 2225 frame.

Begging the gentleman's pardon,
    and I follow your point quite well,
    I referred to marketing weasels I worked for,
    and their particular place in hell,

To the esteemed gentleman in this forum ......

"You sir, are no Albert Einstein ..."

The laws of physics are made to be broken. Einstein gave us the theory of relativity, which is totaly bupkiss, and then he made up another called "The Special theory of relativity" to try to explain everything that the main theory couldnt. Not that long ago it was impossible to travel faster than 30mph for fear of suffocation. Then the sound barrier would never be broken..........then it is impossibel to travel faster than light. But as we all know there are particles that travel faster than light. Go figure.
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

Quote Originally Posted by hjames View Post
    Begging the gentleman's pardon,
    and I follow your point quite well,
    I referred to marketing weasels I worked for,
    and their particular place in hell,

To the esteemed gentleman in this forum ......

"You sir, are no Albert Einstein ..."
    Esteemed....yup, Gentleman.....probably not. Einstein has been proven wrong on many an occasion and he will continue to be proven wrong. He wrote the theory of relativity and said it couldnt be broken. Then he wrote the Speacial theory of relativity to break it.....

Its pretty easy to look back and be critical.

Science is built upon the bones of dead theories and I believe Theoretical Physics is what you are refering to.

I doubt many of us had an original thought at the age of 25 much less wrote anything aproaching the work of Einstein at that age,,, if ever.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by 1audiohack View Post
    . . . . I doubt many of us had an original thought at the age of 25 . . . .
    I had Original thoughts long before 25.

Cool.

As for me I am pretty sure that with all the people that have come before me, that things which are new to me is simply history that I do not know.

No offense meant to anyone.

Obsolete
    044 Ti's..........or Not????

If I remember correctly, the 044 and 044Ti use different castings (and the baffles were different) so even if someone removed the diaphragm and coil from an 044Ti mounting pad and glued them to an older 044 mounting pad...

I just don't deal with these drivers on any kind of regular basis anymore. If it's that important to someone then they should just buy a sample of each and note all the similarities and differences. I had samples of all these drivers for years and years and could check everything out as desired but those days are over.

Greg has also mentioned that these various parts are not interchangeable (without modification, my qualifier, not his) and everything I remember seeing makes him right so whatever.

That thread wore me out. But it was still interesting, some good ideas came of it. Anyway, thanks for answering, and I'll leave it at that.

Thread Information