My first post!
I am fairly new to home audio (although I grew up with custom cabinets loaded with 075's, le85's and d130's powered by phase linear that were my fathers). To make a long story short I ended up trading my dad a pair of 123-a1 woofers for a pair of xpl90a's. He didn't know what they were. He bought them off of a neighbor boy (who won them in grand opening raffle) for $125. He didn't take care of them. They are scuffed with wall paint and have a small chip in the piano finish. The bottoms are scratched up from not having anything between the cabinet and a shelf. The good news is that the drivers are in perfect shape.

I have lots of questions! (I have already scoured the net)
Are there any other xpl90 users out there? What do you power them with? Are the factory stands any good? Where do you find them? What do you use for stands? I see that there are factory holes in the bottom of the cabinets... Spikes? Rubber feet? Is there any way to refinish these? Would it be worth it?

I am a 27 year old returning college student (after an injury that set me back to nearly nothing, luckily not in debt, though). So DIY advice is best as money can be an issue. I currently power them with an NAD pre 1000 and 2100 power amp. I fall in love again every time I get a chance to really sit down and listen, but wonder what they could sound like. I know there is a wealth of knowledge in these forums. Looking forward to responses!!