Thread: My lucky day

leif

My lucky day

Guess what! I went to the dump today to throw some waste from the garden. I spotted a pair of big old speakers that someone had thrown. They seemed to have no bass elements, and the cabinet looked very bad. But I went closer to see what this was, and it was a pair of Altec speakers.
    Well, nothing to collect, I thought and were about to turn to my car when I spotted the 077 on them. WOW. I took them out, and they were more or less in mint condition!
    At the same time, I also took out the midrange. Dont know them: Altec 806 8a drivers with 511 horns. I broutht them home.
    Well, not bad to get a pair of JBL 077 for free, or what?

Obsolete

Re: My lucky day

No way! You're just making that up!

A couple of years ago I found a pair of 511s attached to 802-X tangerine drivers sticking out of a dumpster. I expected I would need to call up Bill for diaphragms... nope. I just cleaned out the cob webs, gave them a brief listen with ear plugs of course sorry Altec fans, and eventually sold them on eBay for several hundred dollars...

I'd rather have the 077's but hey dumpster divers can't be too picky.

Great find!

Widget

Glad to hear I am not the only one getting the lucky finds!
    I cant beleive my recent luck, I got the L300's for 300$ and a couple of months ago during our yearly city wide garbage week (everyone puts out there garbage for the city to pick up and then everyone walks around pretending not to be checking everything out) I come around the corner and lo and behold there sits a B460 sub cabinet! 2245 was gone but cabinet and grill are NICE. I look for over a year for one emailing everyone I can and pretty much give up..... then BLAM sitting out on the curb for me to haul home.
    Life is strange but sometimes very fun.
    Enjoy those freebe 077's!!

RIP 2009
    I may have a single 2245 for sale.

John

You could sell that 2245 or you could set it by the curb or throw it in the trash so we could keep this thread going!!!

leif
    So what to do now? Sell the stuff or get some woofers and build something out of it?
    There is 4 K120 for sale nearby. Could I put these, the Altec Horns and the 077 in a couple boxes, and rock and roll?

Figge
    hej! leif....i would go with the later. build something and if its too terrible just sell the stuff. mvh f

Thread Information