Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Western Electric Beach Master info?

I'm use to not linking or even mentioning an auction. Sorry abut forgetting this...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=300298255116

I dunno what is going to happen. It kind of sucks that it is prolly going to Asia. There is the reality that most Americans don't appreciate our stuff. I have been in contact with a lot of museums and if I was in a fiscal position I would love to donate it. The cold hard fact is that I am not able to and it makes me feel awful. They definitely encouraged that feeling too.

For the most $$$ parting it out would be the best thing. I just can't bring myself to do that though. Man, this economy is really hitting me hard. The other stuff I have been offered (the minimum bid will cover this) makes it a little easier, but still not great. He's in the same position, and if I can't come up with the money these will also see an auction.

Hi,

- If you relist / I suggest that you consider making Beachmaster into one-word ( as in the original copy ) and then add the word "speaker" into the header ( you'll get more hits this way , IMO ).

- You can also sell many of those spares individually / as far as I'm concerned . There's a whole DIY crowd of amplifier builders who need some of that stuff ( or so they think ) .

>< cheers

Well I am going to part it out. I know I am doing the equipment a disservice, but the bills do need to be paid.

Anyway some more foraging has shown the drivers (2") will fit, and possibly were even directly mated with the Altec 1505. A pair of the drivers went for just under $700. I do know all 9 of mine are working, and actually sound damn good. So that will be the first thing to go I suppose. Then comes the parceling out of the spares. That will be a big job.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Tawny View Post
    Well I am going to part it out.

That is a shame......a real shame

Here's a link to the last "complete" auction of the system. I did find the drivers were the same used in the 1505 and several other horn applications too.

As far as parting it out? I don't want to for many reasons. Not the least is that this thing could be made to work again. Also it turns out to the final output it is all FULL RANGE. So here is the link, tell me what you think of it this time.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=300300658244

Today is the sad day she starts getting parted out. I am listing the drivers separately on the unnamed auction site. Then the amp, and finally the spares. I figure the wire, resistors, not to mention the sealed NOS tubes will garner some attention. Still it makes me pretty sad. I do have a reason now though. My GF and I just purchased this and need money to get her back to perfect shape. I am even going to be selling my beloved EV Georgians. They are too big for her and the money would be better spent on the new "toy".

Thread Information