Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Problems to find sub element !!!!!

Exclamation Problems to find sub element !!!!!

I have run into problems with my 4 way project. I canīt find sub elements. I have tried to find Jbl W1500h or sub 1500 elements with out any luck .
    Today i have 2 Jbl W15gti laying but some says these are not for "hifi" use. The good with these are that they goes deep, but need power.
    I also have 4 TAD TL-1603, they play very well but not as deep as i want ( in normal box).

I have a 10" above the sub and i will cross it around 50-75hz. I want the sub to play deep.

mats
    4345 diy, K2/Array diy Ht. TAD 4 way diy.

Quote Originally Posted by matsj View Post
    Today i have 2 Jbl W15gti laying but some says these are not for "hifi" use. The good with these are that they goes deep, but need power.
    ... I want the sub to play deep.
    Hifi or not, your intention is to use them up to 50 - 75 Hz and not up to 700 - 900 Hz.
    Who wants to deny that these speakers have a good motor structure? I remember two forumites who have made good experiences with the GTi.

But the speakers want power for sure. I would give them a try.

Obsolete
    Today i have 2 Jbl W15gti laying but some says these are not for "hifi" use.
    Yeah but what does JBL know about their very own drivers. We all know better than they do because we "think outside the box".

Regardless, using any of the GTi Series subwoofers in your home isn't going to kill you or anything like that. Use what you have. JBL has provided everything you need to know in their GTi documents to build a successful subwoofer system.

Some of us use 1500AL's for subwoofer duty and they aren't "ideal" either...

I have run into problems with my 4 way project. I canīt find sub elements. I have tried to find Jbl W1500h or sub 1500 elements with out any luck .
    I also have 4 TAD TL-1603, they play very well but not as deep as i want ( in normal box).

I have a 10" above the sub and i will cross it around 50-75hz. I want the sub to play deep.

mats

I cant remember the name of it, but isnt there a 15" used in one of the synthesis systems? Could that be usable?`

-Tim
    2213 + 2435HPL w/aquaplas + H9800 (Matsj edition)

Obsolete
    136HS

I think I posted the EDS awhile ago.

So why would JBL state their woofers were not for HiFi use? Are they for LoFi use instead?
    Why buy used when you can build your own?

Quote Originally Posted by grumpy View Post
    I'm sure JBL would be happy to sell as many car speakers as they can make....
    How about, as many as they can distribute? I don't think they own any of the factories producing their car audio drivers.

You might as well try the GTi woofers... you know there are many other makers of top quality subs out there. You might try some of those if you decide the car woofers aren't quite what you were looking for.

Widget

I will try with the GTI first. I have been looking at Beymas 15p1200nd driver but if i compare them in a program the GTI plays a lot deeper without eq.
    Can someone suggest another good available driver ?

mats
    4345 diy, K2/Array diy Ht. TAD 4 way diy.

don't you already have 2245s ?

Go with the W15Gti. IMHO it will eat the arse out of pretty much anything else. Alpine do one that is just as good called the SWR1542 and I am pretty sure they are a bundle cheaper than the JBL. They will both play pretty flat down to 20Hz in the right box.

Allan.

I will try with the GTI first. I have been looking at Beymas 15p1200nd driver but if i compare them in a program the GTI plays a lot deeper without eq.
    Can someone suggest another good available driver ?

mats

You could check out Aurasound. The 12" version is used in the Mcintosh XRT 2K.

-Tim
    2213 + 2435HPL w/aquaplas + H9800 (Matsj edition)

Quote Originally Posted by timc View Post
    You could check out Aurasound.
    That is who I was thinking about too... you can certainly use the car woofers and they will certainly play deep notes, but if you want a more refined subwoofer and can't find the proper JBLs, Aurasound makes several excellent subs... they do cost real money but then so do the better JBLs.

Widget

I might be able to help you, I just got offered a pair of brand new W1500h, and maybe I can get more of them. Not cheap (aprox 5000NOK each) but maybe that's an fair price for them? Don't know what the normally costs...

Quote Originally Posted by baldrick View Post
    Not cheap (aprox 5000NOK each) but maybe that's an fair price for them? Don't know what the normally costs...
    That's about $700 according to the interwebz calculator I used. That seems reasonable to me especially once you consider your import duties etc.

Widget

Thread Information