Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 4343

Smile

I want to say thank you very much for the edit.

I do want to say in reference to "Obama tried that with his certification of live birth". This just proves that it can happen to anyone. I did not want anyone to misunderstand I was referring to political. It is very interesting how they can do that.
    Ed

Smile

subwoof
    I was telling you my brother built a pair of 1957 JBL Harkness/C40 around 1974. Here is a photo of them.

Ed
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Feroce View Post
    I want to say thank you very much for the edit.

I do want to say in reference to "Obama tried that with his certification of live birth". This just proves that it can happen to anyone. I did not want anyone to misunderstand I was referring to political. It is very interesting how they can do that.
    Ed

Hey do you plan on listening to RUSH on those 4343's???

There are some paragon owners listening to HOWARD

subwoof
    I was telling you my brother built a pair of 1957 JBL Harkness/C40 around 1974. Here is a photo of them.

Ed
    Damn... that picture is a real time machine.

Widget

JBL 4645
    Quote Originally Posted by hjames View Post
    You sir, probably have Acrobat READER - its a popular plugin/utility that lets yiou view PDFs - but you can't create PDFs with it ...
    You might be right Heather, I looked and looked last night like bop, mentioned I might have it on the pc, well I didn’t find it. Sigh I might ask a friend if he has copy of the program its not likely he does but when I get around to seeing him I’ll ask nicely.

Nice library of JBL pictures that vintage JBL 4530 looked that up and found a whole bunch of vintage JBL subs.

Smile

Before I forget does everyone know you can go to

http://www.jblpro.com/?Language=ENG&...=US&Region=USA

website and go to the top of the page and <click on> PRODUCTS from the drop down <CLICK ON> VINTAGE. There ia a tremendous amount of information for you to suckup and digest. You can <left click> and read or <Right click on> and download.
    If you are still hungry <CLICK ON> DOWNLOADS and take your choice.

I am still getting stuf from here http://www.lansingheritage.org/

John
    Lets not go to the "Rush" subject since the country is split down the middle that would get CLOSED.

JBL MODEL D44000 PARAGON (Patented), Finest of sterophonic speaker
    systems, the PARAGON was developed to provide a master monotor in
    perfecting sterophonic recordings. The exclusive curved acoustic refactor
    panel creates the startling realism of sterophonic sound for each listener
    in the room, regardless of seating position. There is no "hole in the
    middle," no "split soloist" to mar the illusion of a live performance.
    The JBL PARAGON contains two LE15A low frequency transducers, two 375 high
    frequency drivers, two H5038P horns, two 075 ring radiators, two LX5
    networks, and two N7000 networks. Furnished in Oiled Walnut or Tawny
    Walnut. 35-1/4" x 103-5/8" x 24-1/16" deep. Complete integrated stereo
    loudspeaker system.................$2250.00

Don't you wish you could buy one today?
    Ed
    Last edited by Feroce; 02-27-2009 at 04:02 AM. Reason: left click read

OT I still have one of those uncomfortable chairs (not the one being used)

Mark
    Changing to Legacy Audio and started with a Silver Screen HD for my center between the 250TIs

low rider (boy)

One time I made a set of 2 "lowboy" scoops like your brothers for a club install that wanted combination sub/drinktable/furniture for a lounge area. I made 4 more for the dance floor area but upright.

Used P/S oak plywood, solid oak inlays ( and lips ) for the edging and some beefy hardwood "buttons" so they could be pushed around without damage. Kickproof 10ga ex metal behind the cloth and installed E145's in them.

MAN they worked well. the club owner cut drink coasters from industrial grade shelf liner ( that special foam rubber ) to keep the drinks on them and putty'ed the coasters and vase.

The club went under ( of course ) and those cabinets moved from club to club to club for years - I heard that 2 are in a doctors living room last summer.

My house has solid mahogany trim and I plan to make a pair to match when the shop gets running again. I still have those router templates and jigs so it's about 5 hours each ( in a batch of 8 ) for the assembled cab ( no veneer ).

go back jack and do it again. man i miss making the bigger cabinets. my back doesn't...

sub

Smile

Subwoof
    You have been making a LOT of speakers in your time. Now is the time for the Paragons.

Boputnam
    We talked about .JPG or .PDF. I think we came up with the answer to be .PDF. My example to copying is a joke because we don’t care about originals and changing them (no don’t change them). I put two documents on my website in .PDF format. My new printer is an Epson CX9400fax, I scan and save it as PDF. I only have Acrobat READER and I cannot edit them but I also cannot copy/paste either. I have been able to copy/past before when I had my HP printer. If someone has Adobe Acrobat (hjames) please see if it works properly.

I can search, copy and paste all the PDF documents on JBL's website with Acrobat READER. http://www.jblpro.com/products/vintage/index.html

John
    I did not answer your question, I just spun it. The answer is NO. I have the cabinets in a room that I made for the system only. I will listen to music only (no talk radio) from my reel to reel Pioneer FT-1011L and my Technics SL-1400MK2 turntable, going through my Phase Linear pre amp and amp. Right now I am using a set of Realistic Minimus-7s to set this all up.

Ed

John
    I did not answer your question, I just spun it. The answer is NO. I have the cabinets in a room that I made for the system only. I will listen to music only (no talk radio) from my reel to reel Pioneer FT-1011L and my Technics SL-1400MK2 turntable, going through my Phase Linear pre amp and amp. Right now I am using a set of Realistic Minimus-7s to set this all up.

Ed
    Well thank god for that. The way I see it or hear it, you can only get positive vibes from music. Talk radio on the other hand is all about the negative.

By the way about the USA being split 50/50 ??? Hard to say but back on the first tuesday of NOV.-08 it was leaning more to one side than the other, perhaps 65/35

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Well thank god for that. The way I see it or hear it, you can only get positive vibes from music. Talk radio on the other hand is all about the negative.

By the way about the USA being split 50/50 ??? Hard to say but back on the first tuesday of NOV.-08 it was leaning more to one side than the other, perhaps 65/35
    Not only talk radio but TV also. I don't even have my tuner connected to the system.

Last night I was listing to my JBL Sessions LP and I could not hear anything from 20,000 down to 10,000 on my minimus -7s. I can't wait to get the speakers back and hear them once again.

Ed
    EDIT: I am surprised that you are up so early. I just can't sleep I was flooded with city sewage 12/28/08 (kind of gives you a waste matter out look on life) and I still am trying to get the basement back together again. Most everything was trashed. The city got hit hard with many flooded basements and they are replacing the sewer system. Yes, the city did pay for the damages if you were smart enough to sue.
    Last edited by Feroce; 02-28-2009 at 02:25 AM. Reason: Up so early

Thread Information