Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ...Uh..speaking of L100's...Mr. Mcritchie...

BigBamBoom

...Uh..speaking of L100's...Mr. Mcritchie...

Please excuse such a goofy question, but would it be fair to say that JBL manufactured at least a million pairs of L100's??? Probably more than that? I mean....Geezz!! These things are for sale ALL the time. There has got to be a god-awlful amount of these speakers out there. Always see 'em on ebay. All the time. But more importantly.....just consider all those pairs that are in permanet homes & you don't see for sale!! Lord! I wish Altec 19's were that common!
    Anyway, thank you so very much for this wonderful site. Lansing Heritage is fantastic! gonna try & turn some freinds on too it.
    You are the MAN!!
    Best wishes....Russ

Hey, Russ...

Cool post, dood. I love the bit 'bout the million pairs of L1's... Hilarious!

If'n yer in the mood, don't overlook the "DONATE" icon, upper right. Don's loath to mention it, but as the I-man reminds, every dollar adds to the whole. This is otherwise a labor of love by the Don.

bo

"Indeed, not!!"

BigBamBoom
    Cool post, ? Look at this one "dood".

Well, sure I've been a freeloader for a while, & to tell the truth I've felt rather quilty about it. It is very ironic that before I read yur reply that I'm countin' twenties......tonight...so that I may go & buy a M.O. friday morning. See , I will not put my CC # over the internet (thats jus me). Because surely L.H. , I figure, has a mailing address for folks that wish to contribute by check or M.O.
    But....now, after short of being "ordered" to DONATE NOW!!..well that kinda put me off. Big time. For me it's a shame cause I still think Heritage is an awesome website. I still think Mr. Don Mcritchie is the MAN.
    But it is a closed club. Members only. Outsiders NOT welcome.
    Pay-up or shut-up. thats rude.
    but thats also fine.....Yur post just saved me $150.00!! Sure it's not much. I'm just glad I read your reply before I went to bed.
    I'm Off this forum now........I will MISS Lansing Heritage.
    Despite some of the members....the info is wonderful.

In with one post and out with one reply, the same day. Pretty darn quick to pass judgment.

DavidF

BigBam...

Now that's an odd response. I have never thought this forum was exclusive or money grubbing. I remember feeling rather welcomed the first time I posted.

... and hey Bo, I don't think your post was at all out of line. I took it as a simple suggestion and certainly not a demand. Too bad he went boom.

Widget

That guy must be a ditto head

Never mind...

Originally posted by BigBamBoom
    Cool post, ? Look at this one "dood".

Well, sure I've been a freeloader for a while, & to tell the truth I've felt rather quilty about it. It is very ironic that before I read yur reply that I'm countin' twenties......tonight...so that I may go & buy a M.O. friday morning. See , I will not put my CC # over the internet (thats jus me). Because surely L.H. , I figure, has a mailing address for folks that wish to contribute by check or M.O.
    But....now, after short of being "ordered" to DONATE NOW!!..well that kinda put me off. Big time. For me it's a shame cause I still think Heritage is an awesome website. I still think Mr. Don Mcritchie is the MAN.
    But it is a closed club. Members only. Outsiders NOT welcome.
    Pay-up or shut-up. thats rude.
    but thats also fine.....Yur post just saved me $150.00!! Sure it's not much. I'm just glad I read your reply before I went to bed.
    I'm Off this forum now........I will MISS Lansing Heritage.
    Despite some of the members....the info is wonderful.

Sorry if somehow that offended - odd that it would, unless typing is not your second language...

I wasn't even aware you'd been "freeloading" - but freeloading is not a word I've seen here before - this is a public place so that would not seem to apply. Regardless, to set the record straight, since you've gone WAY off course with baseless accusations:

1) this is not a members only, nor a pay-up or shut-up. You made that stuff up.
    2) Don is one of the men, but he has some important silent partners that contribute, too.
    3) I'm sorry you spite some of the members - most of us find really good value and friendships in all of them.
    4) I'll personally make-up the $150 donation you offered, as somehow your needing to blame me (I guess...) for something here is a very strong emotion for you. And I would not like that to interfere with the ongoing fund raising needed to support this Forum.
    bo

"Indeed, not!!"

Receipt

Thanks, "BigBamBoom" for encouraging me - I haven't donated cash in over 6-months. Although I did secure a pair of LE5-8's that were intended for a rebuild/refurbish to enable an auction that might help fund a project May that is striving to build for Mr. Don a one-of-a-kind pair of - oh never mind...
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    bo

"Indeed, not!!"

Obsolete
    Good Grief!

re: Good Grief!

Yea, at this rate, the reaction I seem to elicit from my ignoramus non-adoration of L100's will cost me a full PA...
    Last edited by boputnam; 05-21-2004 at 07:59 AM.
    bo

"Indeed, not!!"

Re: Re: Good Grief!

Originally posted by Giskard
    In any case, thank you very much for the contribution.
    I'll have to make one tonight.
    Yea, well thanks back-at-you for contributing, too. I felt awful that something someone thought I had done could "cost" the Forum. That's just not right...
    bo

"Indeed, not!!"

Re: Re: Re: Good Grief!

Originally posted by boputnam
    Yea, well thanks back-at-you for contributing, too. I felt awful that something someone thought I had done could "cost" the Forum. That's just not right...
    He probably was a good guy Bo.....as you know guilt can be a terrible thing and He just snapped, Plain and simple. I think it goes a little deeper however. As you know He is a fan of the L-100. I think we all know what your position on this model has been in the past. I think Your revelation on what the designer had intended on the use of the port for late night listening was a bit over the top. Your detailed explanation of why the ports circumfrence was so vital was really just a sick bit of history that some of us do not wish to believe. That being said your input into your L-100 experience was to much for the buckeye.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Good Grief!

Originally posted by Audiobeer
    He probably was a good guy Bo...
    Yea, he probably was. That's why I upheld his $150 offering...
    bo

"Indeed, not!!"

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Good Grief!

Originally posted by boputnam
    Yea, he probably was. That's why I upheld his $150 offering...
    NOT!

No Bo, YOU are the man.

You really showed a lot of character by what you did. I think the natural tendency would have been to lash back at the person through humor, ridicule and/or humilatiion. He did make a very easy target. But you took the high road. You never cease to amaze me.

Thread Information