Hey, 4313B,

I appreciate your sense of humor on this whole thing, and can also understand how you are probably very tired of explaining the differences between these two transducers, especially after 9 years of it!

In my case, I was simply trying to use the driver I had on hand, and find a box that would allow it to perform up to my expectations. I well may have done just that. Only time, and much more experimentation, will tell the tale. So far, I do very much like how this combination sounds, augmenting the 4411's. I have about 6db of boost at 30HZ and 2-3db of boost at 60HZ, and this seems to help the 2242H "work" in the 4645 cabinet I now own, with the stock tuning of that box.

But, as I wrote, I do believe I heard a difference between the 2245H and the 2242H, both in twin 4645 cabinets, when we listened to them at Grumpy's place. How "much" of a difference I was able to hear, I really cannot say, as our listening tests were far too short to come to too many firm conclusions in that regard. I can say, however, that it didn't "seem" like a huge difference in what we three guys heard, between those two setups, in the short time we had to play with them.

Only further tests and MUCH more listening, to lots of different kinds of music, will really tell the tale, me thinks. Yes, I would love to borrow a 2245H for such testing, and it's very possible that I may be able to do so. I'll check that out, and see. In any case, my original goal, to be able to use the brand new (bought used, but never previously mounted, by the look of it) 2242H, in a subwoofer enclosure, has now come to fruition. Can I recommend to anyone that this combination sounds exactly like the same box with a 2245H in it? Heck no!! But, I do like what I hear, so far, and look forward to more experimentation and more listening.

I KNOW that the 2245H is very probably a better transducer for what I have in mind. I may well end up with one, and then sell, or trade my 2242H. Again, only time will tell. Thanks, as always, for your help, your comments, and your sense of humor in what must surely seem quite hopeless to you, at times!! Take care, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
Doc

P.S. Miles Davis on the system, right now, and he and his group really sound great!