Thread: JBL XPL 200 Bi-amping questions

JBL XPL 200 Bi-amping questions

Hi, and sorry to be a bother over these speakers, but I can't find an answer to my questions here or the net, and I've done lotsa searching, and you gotta do this(bi-amping) 'cause they got the switch for it, right? Okay, here goes;
    1. What crossover alternatives should I use other than the DX1, which the owners manual suggests, and I have no chance of acquiring? This being the most important question!
    2. I have a Mcintosh MC2250 which I plan on using for the low end, and someone already suggested a tube amp for the high end, but I can't really spend more than $1000 on this and still stay happily married, so I would really appreciate any suggestions.
    3. Thank you very much!
    Last edited by longwalker; 04-10-2009 at 05:47 AM. Reason: more info entered

There is no alternate without some work. What you would need to do is set up another active crossover with the same voltage drive as the DX-1 for that system. I got lucky and actually own one but I had to build my own cards for it. If you do a search for the DX-1 you will be able to get a copy of the Voltage Drive for that system and several others as well.

Rob
    "I could be arguing in my spare time"

Thread Information