Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pass Labs X150 going to power the highs on the 4350's

I'm certain those who actually know the answer will respond eventually. But until then, I'll speculate that the jumper is used when the input is through the un-balanced RCA jacks. You most likely are supposed to remove them when you use true balanced XLR connections. :dont-know

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCCA View Post
    I'm certain those who actually know the answer will respond eventually. But until then, I'll speculate that the jumper is used when the input is through the un-balanced RCA jacks. You most likely are supposed to remove them when you use true balanced XLR connections. :dont-know

Yes that is correct or I should say that is what I read after I already posted. I read that the jumper stay's connected between pin 1 and 3 if driving the amp single ended. I couldn't find out what pin is hot on the X150 but am assuming it is pin 2 if pin 1 and 3 are connected with the jumper. But that is an electronic illiterate person making an electronic illiterate assumption

That is how the Yamaha PC4002M and the crown K2 is Pin1 cold.... Pin 2+...Pin3-

According to the owner's manual for the Pass X-1 preamp:

"On the XLR connectors, pin 1 is grounded, pin 2 is the positive signal, and pin 3 is the negative signal."

I looked in the owner's manual for the X150.5 and could not find a similar reference but I'm sure Pass uses the same convention.

FWIW, I'm using an X250 to run the low end of my 4343-to-4344 upgrades and an X150.5 to run the top end. For the pre-amp I'm currently using a Pass X-1. The electronic crossover was designed and built by a forum member back in 2005. I believe he used a Pass DIY crossover as the basis for the system. The same forum member also built the speaker crossovers. All crossovers are still running spectacularly. The X250 and the X150.5 both run warm. The X150.5 runs hotter. I can keep my hand on the heatsinks of the X250 indefinitely. On the X150.5 I can only keep my hand on the heatsink 4 seconds at the most. Still, I've never felt the need to add additional cooling.

I'm sure you'll enjoy your X150 amp. The best way to describe these, without getting into alot of audio vernacular is 'detailed and transparent'. You'll find though that these amps (together with the 4350's) set a high bar for the rest of your system.

United Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Amurica, Inc.
    Very nice amps, those X series'. I always liked their sound over my old Krell KSA-150, but then the Krell's were great on the low end.

Thread Information