Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: New K2 S9900

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Dome View Post
    Well, geez, I was listening to you...
    I said opinions on specifics... as in if you buy a Model X-1 from brand ZZZ, you will find audio nirvana. BS!

Now, if someone suggests treating your room, or trading up from that Akai boom box, well... that's good advice.

Widget

So I pulled out the Joe Cocker DTS disc, which is a favorite of hers. One nice thing about having the SDP-5 in the K2 chain right now is that it'll play DTS through Logic7 in 2.1. It sounded as good as a DTS disc can.
    I've got that disc, but I always play it using DVD-A, I think pure DVD-A always sounds better than the DTS compressed.
    Living in the Land of the Sun

Makes me Smile !

So I was down in the music/fitness room doing some Wii Fit late afternoon when Huiky arrived home and came down to see me. We talked about her day and some general small talk, then she suggested we stay in for dinner (with me cooking ) rather than go out.

After a while we went up to the main floor, and she agreed to chop some peppers and onions, while I started on everything else. Before she began, she coyly suggested, "Do you want to play some music? Play whatever you want."

I replied, "Really?"

She retracted her offer just a bit. "Well, maybe not anything... I know some of your music. Just something I like."

she clearly meant on the K2, not on the Performance system, so I obliged.

So I pulled out the Joe Cocker DTS disc, which is a favorite of hers. One nice thing about having the SDP-5 in the K2 chain right now is that it'll play DTS through Logic7 in 2.1. It sounded as good as a DTS disc can.

She danced a little, sang a little, chopped a little, and when we were finished cooking we ate, accompanied by some French bread, Camembert cheese, and a bottle of Shiraz.

We had a delightful time, talking, laughing, listening to Joe, and afterward...

Ah, K2, master of romance! You have brought a new dimension of spontaneity to our lives.
    This is nice mate ...... sounds like you caught a very good one there dude

Ah, K2, master of romance! You have brought a new dimension of spontaneity to our lives.
    oh,what a component music can bring to live

Music is the food of luurrrve.
    Thankfully my car stereo is enough-if I had to wait till I owned K2's I'd die a miserable old man

Quote Originally Posted by cooky1257 View Post
    Music is the food of luurrrve.
    Thankfully my car stereo is enough-if I had to wait till I owned K2's I'd die a miserable old man
    I'm a lot uglier than you. The system has to be really nice.

Those K2s in person in that room are very, very attractive.
    Out.

I'm just trying to disguise my envy

Quote Originally Posted by jblsound View Post
    I've got that disc, but I always play it using DVD-A, I think pure DVD-A always sounds better than the DTS compressed.
    Mine is DTS only.
    Out.

Check this out.

Out.

Well, geez, I was listening to you...

Seriously, I think Ian's and Rich's advice is good, and it's a path I'm following, which is slow and steady. The urge, which I really do understand, is to get it all now and get it right! Nonetheless, I waited and waited for a chance like the K2s, and I'll be doing some more of the waiting game as I go forward with them

Some of this is driven by $$ of course, and some of it is driven by thoroughness. I still haven't listened to everything I already own that might be good with them. Once I hit the highest point I can with what I've got (and throw Grumpy's Proceed in the mix), then I will have a basis upon which to narrow choices.

I've contacted a few folks about getting 30 day trials on certain pieces of equipment, but that likely won't happen for weeks yet. I'm still trying to figure out where I want to end up. The end point probably is a sophisticated music server dishing out bit-perfect files, with perhaps a CD player on the side. TT? Probably not, but who knows for sure? Almost certainly not...
    "Believe nothing, no matter where you read it or who has said it, not even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense."-Buddha

Ah !

Common sense being extremely uncommon that is !

Opinion based on experience and evidence is just that ,an opinion .Where as, opinion based on hearsay and a singular perspective, is just ignorance. Now this ' IS ' indeed, common sense !

But , thats just an opinion ; of which, this forum will never feign mal-nurishment ......'FACT'

Rich,

Mine is DTS only.
    Strange, I don't have any DTS discs that don't have the pure DVD-A section. If the jewel case has the DVD audio stamped into it there is a pure DVD-A track. Night Calls?
    If played thru the analogue bypass, should be dvd-a.
    Living in the Land of the Sun

Quote Originally Posted by richluvsound View Post
    Common sense being extremely uncommon that is !

Opinion based on experience and evidence is just that ,an opinion .Where as, opinion based on hearsay and a singular perspective, is just ignorance. Now this ' IS ' indeed, common sense !

But , thats just an opinion ; of which, this forum will never feign mal-nurishment ......'FACT'

Rich,
    Geez Rich...You alsmost made my head explode
    2213 + 2435HPL w/aquaplas + H9800 (Matsj edition)

Quote Originally Posted by timc View Post
    ... my head explode
    ... But truth is simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoerninger View Post
    ... But truth is simple.

I don't think it is actually, but that is another discussion for another time.
    2213 + 2435HPL w/aquaplas + H9800 (Matsj edition)

Thread Information