Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: New K2 S9900

Quote Originally Posted by 4313B View Post
    Yeah, I suspect the old timers will simply stick with the 136H, 376/HL89, 077

Honestly though, the K2-S9900 is a whole different arena.
    Hey, 4313B,

As much as I'd dearly LOVE to own something like this, I have to agree with you. For me, and very probably for most other folks, $44,650 is more than a little hard to gather together, much less spend on a pair of speakers, wonderful though they may be! To me, the funny thing about "making do" with the Vintage JBL stuff, is that it still smokes most of the other stuff that's available for sale out there, these days, and by a huge margin! I am very happy to know that JBL continues to advance the SOTA in speaker design and performance. But, I'm even more happy that even their older systems continue to outperform most other offerings today! I am blessed to have a few of those systems, now, and am very grateful that they came my way! Still, it would be wonderful to hear the differences between the JBL's with which we all "make do", and the newest JBL designs. Doubt that it will ever happen, though, as much as I might want it to take place. Take care, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
    Doc
    The only thing that can never be taken away from you, is your honor. Cherish it, in yourself, and in others.

Quote Originally Posted by timc View Post
    How do you think it compares to the S9800?
    I haven't heard it, but I am sure they feel it is better in every way... why else would they introduce it?

Have they managed to make the Mg driver sound as good as the previous 435Be?
    I'd be surprised if it didn't sound more effortless. Size does matter.

Widget

Yeah, I suspect the old timers will simply stick with the 136H, 376/HL89, 077

Honestly though, the K2-S9900 is a whole different arena.
    It looks more "home-friendly" than the DD66000, at least for average-sized homes. The S9900 is something I might actually be able to put in my house. It's a really beautiful adaptation of the basic Everest design. (It makes my Synthesis® stuff look postively stodgy. )

Now I can resist the call of the K2 S9800 in anticipation of the gorgeous S9900. (Well, unless some S9800s come on the market at blow out prices.)
    Out.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Dome View Post
    It's a really beautiful adaptation of the basic Everest design. (It makes my Synthesis® stuff look postively stodgy. )
    Synthesis: Meant to be heard (and felt) and not seen.

(Well, unless some S9800s come on the market at blow out prices.)
    You are such a JBL slut.

Widget

More K2 s9800 on second hand market. What a good news
    Regards Stephane

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Widget View Post

You are such a JBL slut.

Widget
    I was thinking as I wrote that, At least my lights will be off when I'm listening to the Synthesis@. Sort of like the high school paper bag joke, I guess.

Yes, I am a JBL slut. I wish that were my only self control problem.
    Out.

Yes, I am a JBL slut. I wish that were my only self control problem.

That's just about as much as i can take..............

When will the S9900 be avaiable?

-Tim
    2213 + 2435HPL w/aquaplas + H9800 (Matsj edition)

BEAUTIFUL!

need to rush to the lotto joint and put my bet on that 48 million pot tomorrow, one of the biggest in canada's history...and if i win, i'll make sure everyone in this thread until this post get a brand new spankin pair!

Bless you Polar Bear. I'll stack some stones for your (our) good fortune.
    Out.

Obsolete
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Widget View Post
    Realistically, very few loudspeakers should be seen, and the ones that should be seen belong in a museum with the rest of the art fixtures.
    When will the S9900 be avaiable?
    When you have your people call their people with your verified credit card number or certified bank draft.

As promised

K2 S9900 for all.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Out.

very nice ti dom

seems its bass has been a little returned a little deeper and very extended

that must be very natural and agile Bass

i wonder if Mg will be the new titanium for JBL

i now probably titanium has better stress properties so jblpro will keep on using it

we shall wait for the 25th to see the official launching and white papers

I disagree. The latest systems are "light years" better in every sense of the word so if you're definitely looking to spoil what you already listen to feel free to seek out the latest offerings. I really can't recommend doing so to anyone unless they have the requisite cash.

Yes, I know that several posts on the Internet malign JBL's latest offerings but, frankly, they're full of shit.
    Hey, 4313B,

Sounds to me that you don't disagree, at all, actually. I said it would be very nice to hear the differences, and it would. I never said there WEREN'T any differences. Of course, I would fully expect the newest and best JBL stuff to blow away what I, and most other JBL owners, hold near and dear! Why on earth would I NOT expect that to happen?? I'd dearly love to hear just how much better they are. But, as for springing almost $45,000 to actually purchase a pair, I, for one, simply cannot afford to do so, even if I wanted to do so. I would imagine that most other JBL lovers are in the same boat, maybe including yourself, Sir!

Time marches on, improvements are made, specifications and performance get better. Sometimes you can afford the best, sometimes you can't. That does nothing to change the fact that most of the old JBL stuff still smokes a good deal of what passes for stereo speakers on the mass market today, wouldn't you agree? Sure, there will always be the best and brightest offerings. But, how many folks even get to KNOW about such things, much less find them to purchase? Not many can afford the best, especially at today's prices. Inflation not withstanding, $45,000 is still WAY out of reach for most of us.

I believe that you and I are on the same page, basically. Semantics might be different, but we both understand our JBL peas from our JBL carrots, me thinks! Take care, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
    Doc
    The only thing that can never be taken away from you, is your honor. Cherish it, in yourself, and in others.

As a sideline, has JBL ever thought about going active with these big systems. I assume it would never happen as their target market already has amps and other fancy bits of "bling" to use.

My dream system would be something like a pair of 4338's with a triplet of amp packs in each box . How much better would the bottom end of the S9900's be without the passive x-over sucking power and damping factor away from the driver.

the K2 S9900 are biampble so if you wish it is posible

Thread Information