Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Dome View Post
With all this focus on amps, what would you drive a pair of K2S9900s with? This is an open question for anyone, not just those dragging out the Parasound story.

Widget would likely say Levinson or Pass, and Ian would probably say Pass as well, but they can of course speak for themselves on this issue.

There's the old joke about the guy who asks a Texan how much it costs to drive his Rolls Royce (or some other car), and the Texan replies, "If you have to ask, you can't afford it."

Well, I'm asking anyway. I doubt that I would be able to get a current Levinson, Pass, or other $$$$$ in addition to a $$$$$ pre, $$$$$ source, and K2s at the same time. OTOH, a Soundcraftsmen from 1990 isn't going to cut it either. There are a lot of pro amps that could handle the job, but NO ONE drives this kind of gear with a pro amp.

Maybe a Synthesis or two (bridged), or one of the new ATI Balanced models (or a derivative like Theta)? If you were limited to staying under $3-4k, what would you be looking at?
Maybe the Parasound amps could be for you! They make several models, and they are really good, and they don't cost what a Levinson or Pass Labs cost. And besides the HALO series, they have the NEW CLASSIC line, offering big bang foir the buck, good performance, and relatively economical cost.

But even the HALO series represents GREAT value and lots of great amp, for less than what comparable brands models cost. I did go to hear the HALO amps, and i will say, they sound terrific, and are attractively priced compared to other brands that have the same power models, and in the same class range.