Thread: hapfler p300

hapfler p300

i recently purchased a hafler p7000 trans nova amp. do you think it would be a good amp for my L300 summits. need some feedback

Quote Originally Posted by DCHAMBERS58 View Post
    i recently purchased a hafler p7000 trans nova amp. do you think it would be a good amp for my L300 summits. need some feedback
    How does it sound with them?
    Isn't that really the deciding factor?
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

What's a hapfler?

Ok, just kidding.

The Hafler P7000 is a powerful amp with wide bandwidth and a very clean signal. At full volume, it can probably ruin your tweeters. Fortunately, it comes with dual gain controls, so just be sure you don't dial them all the way up and keep your volume control in check and you'll be fine.

The only real problem I see is that the amp is so clean and the L300 can soak up so much power that you won't know it's as loud as it is until something blows. OTOH, if you're a sensible chap, then all should be well.

Another possible concern would be the L300's horn getting loose, that is, overpowering the other drivers, so you might need to work the pots a bit to get the right balance.
    Out.

Thread Information