Thread: Janis W1 subwoofer

Janis W1 subwoofer

Is anybody familiar with this model. There is only one input so am I correct to assume it takes two (2) of these for a stereo application??????

Is this the one that comes with the Interphase 1a crossover/amp? That had two inputs and one output.

je
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Sanford View Post
    Is this the one that comes with the Interphase 1a crossover/amp? That had two inputs and one output.

je
    Hi Fred, this is Mike from Boston, L110 fanatic. Yes it is, only I don't have the original Xover/amp. I can't figure out how to apply it to my system . Right now I have it hooked up (sub out)to a Kef 30b which I used a y cable, disconnected the speaker and ran it to the janis. I think ,using hi level inputs there has to be two subs?? On a seperate note, you once responded to my thread re: L110s.
    I wrote that they "side by side" equaled my L65s without ever actually putting them side by side. WELL, I just did and unbenounced to me, with all do respect, I was wrong...

Quote Originally Posted by infinityQ2 View Post
    Hi Fred, this is Mike from Boston, L110 fanatic. Yes it is, only I don't have the original Xover/amp. I can't figure out how to apply it to my system . Right now I have it hooked up (sub out)to a Kef 30b which I used a y cable, disconnected the speaker and ran it to the janis. I think ,using hi level inputs there has to be two subs?? On a seperate note, you once responded to my thread re: L110s.
    I wrote that they "side by side" equaled my L65s without ever actually putting them side by side. WELL, I just did and unbenounced to me, with all do respect, I was wrong...
    That sub cabinet is simply a speaker in a box. No crossover internal at all. You'd need to do all stereo summing, crossing over, and amplifying before the cabinet. A plate amp, maybe? That might be what you're describing with the KEF model you mention, I'm not familiar with that model #.

I had the amp/x-over and cab, was never impressed with it. Sold the amp/x-over on E-Bay and ended up having to give the cab away, nobody wanted it.

L110s and L65s are pretty different (I've never owned or used L65s). Could be a personal preference thing, or location within the rooms you're testing in. I've heard good things about both, but hear the word "accurate" much more often with the L110s. Since I use them as recording monitors, they've worked very well there for me.

je

Thread Information