Thread: Lucky opportunity to meet members today

Lucky opportunity to meet members today

I was lucky to have met JBL dog and subwoof(and daughter) today at my house.

It was a short meeting, but I enjoyed meeting members I have only seen on thread posting.

They both drove a long distance to meet each other and I was lucky enough that their travels crossed my path to meet them. They are both upstanding gentlemen and it was a pleasure to meet them in person.

JBL dog and I discussed the Metrogon and horn-loaded theories at a local pizza joint before he hit the road for the long travel home. I enjoyed the lively discussion we had regarding different drivers in their applications.

subwoof is a very energetic individual who could talk to me for hours on pro sound gear and I could learn a lot. It was a shame his time was short before his drive back also.

Thanks to both of you for stopping by and visiting me!

Regards, Ron
    JBL Pro for home use!

16 tons and whattya get

Yeah - 950 miles in a single day can play havoc on the back and eyeballs...:o)

I was amazed to see a house even more cluttered and full of audio components than mine... But it felt like home with compression drivers on the coffee table and cabinets used as end tables!

Now all you need is a few male cats with a misguided sense of aim. Want a few?

Thanks again guys!

sub

JBL Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by spkrman57 View Post
    I was lucky to have met JBL dog and subwoof(and daughter) today at my house.

It was a short meeting, but I enjoyed meeting members I have only seen on thread posting.

They both drove a long distance to meet each other and I was lucky enough that their travels crossed my path to meet them. They are both upstanding gentlemen and it was a pleasure to meet them in person.

JBL dog and I discussed the Metrogon and horn-loaded theories at a local pizza joint before he hit the road for the long travel home. I enjoyed the lively discussion we had regarding different drivers in their applications.

subwoof is a very energetic individual who could talk to me for hours on pro sound gear and I could learn a lot. It was a shame his time was short before his drive back also.

Thanks to both of you for stopping by and visiting me!

Regards, Ron
    Thanks for the kind words, it was fun and informative. I wish I could have stuck around longer, but I had to hit the road. 920 miles of driving in one day wore me down..... you probably caught me checking out the beer cooler more than once.

Next time I come out your way I'm not leaving until we can work out a deal on those EV Georgian cabinets.

Suh-weeeeeet!

I'm trying to get rid of the clutter.....

There's not enough food for me in the house, the cats would starve!!!

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by subwoof View Post
    I was amazed to see a house even more cluttered and full of audio components than mine... But it felt like home with compression drivers on the coffee table and cabinets used as end tables!

Now all you need is a few male cats with a misguided sense of aim. Want a few?

Thanks again guys!

sub
    JBL Pro for home use!

I see a sweet trade in our future!!!

I'm at the point of where it would suit both of us if you took them home and installed some nice JBL drivers in them!!!

Of course I'm sure you have some trade bait that I would want that would make it happen. Especially if they came with some 4 - 5 or 6 cu ft boxes to play in!!!

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by JBL Dog View Post
    Next time I come out your way I'm not leaving until we can work out a deal on those EV Georgian cabinets.

Suh-weeeeeet!

JBL Pro for home use!

JBL Dog

My name is Ron... and I'm a hi-fi-pac-rat

Quote Originally Posted by subwoof View Post

sub
    I second that. Ron has raised the bar on being a "hi-fi-pac-rat". One would be challenged to find a place in his home where you could stand and not be able touch something audio related..... seriously!

Forum member Rosso visited today...

Mike stopped to pick up a pair of Santana II's and some other speakers he bought from others in Columbus that I arranged previous p/up for.

Nice to meet you Mike!

Ron
    JBL Pro for home use!

Thread Information