Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looky WIJG - 4401s and L20T3s

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Sanford View Post
    L20T3-

The one mismatched veneer side is cherry. The woodworking friend has offered a few options as far as durable & economical ways to plug holes & then re-finish or re-cover the boxes. They may actually end up with all-black counter-top laminate. I'll have to take some careful measurements, but I may actually have enough blue Zilch-cloth to re-do the 4333As, 4401s and these L20T3s. If not, I have more brown or can source some others. Haven't done much research on corner protectors/reinforcement yet.

They've been bounced around the house with various systems (Yamaha RXV-1000 receiver, Sonic Impact T-Amp, Denon PMA-920 integrated amp, Nakamichi RE-1 receiver) and done well as long as they've got some space behind them for the rear ports. I am kind of kicking myself for letting the 4408As go, but that $ funded something else fun, so...:dont-know

je
    OK, some progress on the L20T3s. The finish when I got them was an assortment of original-but-sanded...rosewood? (backs), poorly-applied/sanded/finished oak (fronts & 7 of the sides) and obviously mismatched and un-finished cherry (one side). Some of the original pics:
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Sanford View Post
    L20T3-

The one mismatched veneer side is cherry. The woodworking friend has offered a few options as far as durable & economical ways to plug holes & then re-finish or re-cover the boxes. They may actually end up with all-black counter-top laminate. I'll have to take some careful measurements, but I may actually have enough blue Zilch-cloth to re-do the 4333As, 4401s and these L20T3s. If not, I have more brown or can source some others. Haven't done much research on corner protectors/reinforcement yet.

je
    It turned out that my friend had some very pretty leftover cherry veneer in enough quantity that we could completely re-do these cabs, then he stained & sealed them- quick first look, better pictures to follow after re-assembly. Now I'll have to be more choosy with grille cloth color, I think...

je
    Attached Images Attached Images   

ahh..someone else makes knots in their speaker wires , I usually do for the neg on wire where polarity is vague.
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

Quote Originally Posted by SEAWOLF97 View Post
    ahh..someone else makes knots in their speaker wires , I usually do for the neg on wire where polarity is vague.
    I do make knots, but those older shots are from Fourwheels' house. Often to designate right vs. left at the amp side of things, if I don't label.

je

Nice thread

Thread Information