Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: JBL Synthesis - Something BIG is on its way...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Widget View Post
    Not my experience. A UPS claims investigator came to my shop, took photos of the damaged box and contents and the shipper was sent a check for the full stated value. The shipper being a decent fellow sent the full amount on to me. I anticipated all kinds of grief, but both the shipper/seller and UPS were easy to deal with. The entire process did take a few weeks, but I suppose that is understandable.

Widget
    I guess my point was that it's really not fair for Dome to be waiting for anything. The dealer should be busy finding another amp and sending it to him post haste, leaving the financials to be worked out later. While UPS did do the damage, the shipper is responsible for inadequate packing of a very heavy amp. The dealer should be replacing it and handling the loss directly with UPS, leaving Dome out of the loop completely and in possession of the amp he paid for.

Quote Originally Posted by rdgrimes View Post
    I guess my point was that it's really not fair for Dome to be waiting for anything. The dealer should be busy finding another amp and sending it to him post haste, leaving the financials to be worked out later. While UPS did do the damage, the shipper is responsible for inadequate packing of a very heavy amp. The dealer should be replacing it and handling the loss directly with UPS, leaving Dome out of the loop completely and in possession of the amp he paid for.
    ...and if Dome had paid full retail for it I expect he'd demand nothing less... in this case he and the seller came to an agreement for this particular system... I imagine that the seller will do what's right, but loosing money on the deal isn't really fair and I am sure Dome realizes that. Besides, at a minimum, Dome is weeks away from having a room for this system.

Widget

...and if Dome had paid full retail for it I expect he'd demand nothing less... in this case he and the seller came to an agreement for this particular system... I imagine that the seller will do what's right, but loosing money on the deal isn't really fair and I am sure Dome realizes that. Besides, at a minimum, Dome is weeks away from having a room for this system.

Widget
    All true, but I would be considerably less reasonable in light of having paid more for this system than most cars cost. I would expect true "white glove" service from the dealer regardless, unless that aspect was specifically excluded from the deal. If anyone is going to lose anything, it needs to be the dealer. So they might as well step up and make it right, sooner rather than later. Not hide behind the UPS claims process. I've shipped and received enough heavy amps to know that there's no excuse for that kind of damage. You assume it will get dropped/smacked and pack accordingly.
    < End of rant. >

Quote Originally Posted by rdgrimes View Post
    All true, but I would be considerably less reasonable...
    Let's try to all be a little more reasonable...

Actually I think the amp was in a JBL box... maybe JBL needs to spend a little more engineering time on their packaging.

I think we have meandered enough here though.

So Dome, how are the room plans coming?

Widget

Actually I think the amp was in a JBL box... maybe JBL needs to spend a little more engineering time on their packaging.
    Agreed, I've yet to see adequate packing from the factory either. Which is why they invented double-boxing.

Widget
    Like I already mentioned whoever put the pallet togeather with the cartons hanging over the edge of the pallet is the dude that started this mess. The carton would of been fine if it was within the pallet and not hanging over the edge!!!

Update on S5160

Good news (I think) on the damaged amp front. The S5160 unit has gone from UPS to JBL for inspection and the likely outcome is a complete replacement. In the meantime the dealer sent me two S300s and two S150s to use.

Does anyone know who made these models? They're spankin' little beasts themselves, and I'll probably work some magic to get to keep them. Did they come from Bryston by way of Lexicon or were they Crowns originally?
    Out.

none nore lexicon bryston nore crown

Synthesis® S300

Here's a look at the two S300 and two S150 amps. They're in pretty nice shape.

It turns out upon further inspection they were made by UREI right there in Northridge. It says so right on the back.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Out.

While I had the camera out , I thought I'll get a group shot.

Well, it's mostly a group of boxes, but the wide angle lens got most of them in. I left one S1S-EX and two S4Ai boxes in the back and one S5160 is still missing.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Out.

Drooooool........

-Tim
    2213 + 2435HPL w/aquaplas + H9800 (Matsj edition)

That pile is going to sound great.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Dome View Post
    I'll get a group shot.
    My wife was greatly impressed! (Me too )

JBL 4645
    Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Dome View Post
    Here's a look at the two S300 and two S150 amps. They're in pretty nice shape.

It turns out upon further inspection they were made by UREI right there in Northridge. It says so right on the back.

Dome

I’m puzzled as to why only 4 amplifiers? Is there active crossover or loudspeaker management crossover system running each LF MF HF and sub bass of course, doesn’t seem like enough amplifiers?

I’m running only at least three Alesis RA300, for LF LCR one LFE.1 sub and one centre back surround, Two Marantz 1050 are running HF LCR one Marantz 1030 sidewall surrounds. The Marantz will be replaced as soon as I have the dosh to get several more RA300 and larger amp for the sub bass.

So in all I’m running six stereo amplifiers at present. Each sidewall surround will be powered separately as soon as I can get around to it, so the number of amps will be ridiculous.

Anyway it’s still a nice line-up, I’d get more amps.

They only replace the damaged amp.

-Tim
    2213 + 2435HPL w/aquaplas + H9800 (Matsj edition)

Thread Information