Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1927282930 LastLast

Thread: JBL Synthesis - Something BIG is on its way...

Quote Originally Posted by audiomagnate View Post
    Do you own a camera? Why are you torturing us?
    http://www.audioheritage.org/vbullet...l=1#post323552

Or scroll up, young padawan.

-----------

EDIT: Wouldn't you know it: this post flipped over to the next page! Post #407.
    Out.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Dome View Post
    As God is my witness, I'll never be bass hungry again!
    Now that was funny!

Congrats with the upgrade! I use two of them myself in my setup I have followed your progress with great interest, and I'm sure your room sounds amazing!

I can see you have the SDEC4000. Does anyone know the difference between the 4000 and 4500? I though they were both BSS BLU160/120 clones.

formerly "the city where imagination takes precedence over fact"
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonas_h View Post
    I can see you have the SDEC4000. Does anyone know the difference between the 4000 and 4500? I though they were both BSS BLU160/120 clones.
    Isn't BSS a Harman affiliated brand/company? I'm just mentioning b/c if they are, it's likely that the units are re-badged -- a slight difference than a clone, right? in that it's 100% authorized/authentic in parts and circuit... (which may or may not be the case with what some folks will call clones)

Quote Originally Posted by louped garouv View Post
    Isn't BSS a Harman affiliated brand/company? I'm just mentioning b/c if they are, it's likely that the units are re-badged -- a slight difference than a clone, right? in that it's 100% authorized/authentic in parts and circuit... (which may or may not be the case with what some folks will call clones)
    Yep, they are rebadged, but also have some customization as well. AFAIK, we can't use London Soundweb on them, though if I had spares I might seek to find out what would happen. With my BSS 366T Omnidrive units, grumpy uses London Soundweb (latest edition) and some of the screens look a lot like the old JBL DACS software, but I imagine ARCOS/HATS is quite a departure.
    Out.

Super cool Dome!!

If you get just the right curve on them the will do ANYTHING you ask! I love the 2 I have.
    Always fun learning more.......

They are rebadged BSS units, but they have unique JBL Synthesis firmware. They are not cross platform compatible with the BSS equipment. JBL actually buys them from BSS and then they modify them physically and firmware wise. The process adds up to a fairly costly system... but one that is truly state of the art.

I should find out what was changed when they went from the 4000 to the 4500 model.

Widget

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Widget View Post

I should find out what was changed when they went from the 4000 to the 4500 model.

Widget
    Yes, you should, then report back to me on whether or not the SDEC4000 can be used with ARCOS and, if so, when you can rent a unit (at my cost) and come down and show me what you've got.
    Out.

TI Dome, will you be using the S800 amps for the new 4645C subs? If you are willing to go an alternative route, I would really recommend the Crown CTs2000 (1000w/ch, dampning factor: 3000). I have not heard as tight and controlled bass on any other amps.

Even the XLS 1500 is an amazing subwoofer amp

formerly "the city where imagination takes precedence over fact"
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Widget View Post
    They are rebadged BSS units, but they have unique JBL Synthesis firmware. They are not cross platform compatible with the BSS equipment. JBL actually buys them from BSS and then they modify them physically and firmware wise. The process adds up to a fairly costly system... but one that is truly state of the art.

Widget
    sweet, that situation makes much more sense to me....

otherwise, how would they sell any units to the
    highly sophisitcated audience, that would be their primary target market....

About the SDEC4000 vs SDEC4500: The 4000 is a BSS BLU32/80 rebadge and the 4500 is a BLU120/160 rebadge. The 120/160 has a faster processor but lacks Cobranet (which is not used anyway). There should be no audible differences unless you need the extra filters the 4500 allows.

How are the new subs doing?

How are the new subs doing?
    Well, I got some refurbed S800-z amps from Harman via Widget, and grumpy helped me load 'em in the rack. Then I had to do a world-wide search to find some RCA to Logicon interconnects, which finally arrived. Next up is pulling the duplex outlet on one of the 20A circuits and replacing it with a quadplex. Also, I have to get the speaker cable (which is already located nearby) to each sub.

So the short answer is the new subs are functioning as passive radiators until I finish that stuff.
    Out.

How many independent lines/amps run your system?

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Dome View Post
    Well, I got some refurbed S800-z amps from Harman via Widget, and grumpy helped me load 'em in the rack. Then I had to do a world-wide search to find some RCA to Logicon interconnects, which finally arrived. Next up is pulling the duplex outlet on one of the 20A circuits and replacing it with a quadplex. Also, I have to get the speaker cable (which is already located nearby) to each sub.

So the short answer is the new subs are functioning as passive radiators until I finish that stuff.

Thread Information