Thread: JBL Synthesis - Something BIG is on its way...

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Now that the gear is out of the boxes and connected--though not completely installed or calibrated yet--it's time for some closer looks and impressions.

You can see how we got to this place by reviewing this thread starting on page 13: http://audioheritage.org/vbulletin/s...=25102&page=13

So we'll start at the rack. At the top of the left rack is a Furman PM PRO Series II 20 Amp PDU (power distribution unit). All of the sensitive electronics are connected to this amazing unit.

The Synthesis® amplifiers are direct to the dedicated circuits. I don't like limiting them in any way, and Chris calls them arc welders anyway. He said he spec'd them down to a total grounded connection short and 0 Ohm load without damage.

The Furman gives a nice status display without being flashy, and it has a protected power switch.

Below that is the SDP-5 (Lexicon MC-8) with it obligatory JBL blue display. I've got a lot of reading to do to catch up with this baby, but the good news is I can run it our of the box without too much trouble.

I already programmed my Harmony 1000 to run it. As time goes on, I'm sure there will be things the Harmony doesn't do that the JBL remote will, but for daily operation the Harmony will control everything, including the sources.

Speaking of sources, under the SDP-5 is the OPPO 981HD, which has a nicely matching blue display.

Below that but not hooked up or turned on is the Mitsubishi LD player.

As much as possible I avoided using the flash on these pictures. I used the night setting to try to give you a bit more detail and less flash glare.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Out.

Thread Information