Okay. Let me settle into my chair and ease the strain in my back.

Ah, there it is: less pain.

Recently Mr Widget was able to stop over and we spent an enjoyable if quick evening before he had to head back north. We listened to a lot of music and shared thoughts about what had been done, what could be done, and what might be done to each of the systems he had the time to hear to improve them, solve a problem, or just make them different. It was fun.

The one thing he said that surprised me was something no one had said before, though I had felt it and just assumed I was being overly critical and bass-whorish. In the Two Jims Theatre, he stated, "It sounds great, but it just doesn't have the bass punch I expected. Do you have Master and Commander?" Yep, and I put it in. "I felt my hair move on those cannon shots, but it just seemed like I expected more low end."

Hmm, now that someone said, look, there's an elephant in this room, I thought, rats, WTF am I going to do now? We discussed maybe adding two more subs in that small room. OK, maybe.

Well, today, thanks to the good graces of Cherokee Recording Studios and Craigslist, I picked up a pair of 4645C THX subs that had been built by JBL for the studio but never installed. For a couple of years they've been in a storage unit in Gardena, and now they're in the Two Jims waiting to get hooked up.

Gosh! What a pain taking them solo down two flights of stairs then back up a half flight to get them in the room. Pain and strain, actually, but I didn't drop them.

So now my something big is even bigger!