Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Foilcals

Quote Originally Posted by rjtimmerman View Post
    Hello, I can reproduce all lables, including VOX and Fender. Made of same thickness of aluminum and multi printed, rear is 3M 468mp back adhesive -press and stick.
    Also front grill badges for the 4300 series and much more..
    foilcalRus
    [email protected]
    Why don't you start a new thread in the Market Place area describing what you do and give price ranges, delivery schedules etc.

I am sure there are interested parties here who would like more info.

Widget

rjtimmerman

foilcals and badges

On the front grills LONG BADGES- I have the demensions to place the pin mounts in exact placement to the JBL brackets-it seems to work for the buyers very well. I think I have done just about all models, both silver/black and modern black/orange/white.
    I do not own a pair of those monitors..I just make the parts.
    Regards, R.j
    foilcalsRus.
    I will start a new link in the market site as Mr. Widget proposed (thank you).

Quote Originally Posted by mm54 View Post
    JBL L300 SUMMIT foilcals
    Quote Originally Posted by mm54 View Post
    The old L300 SUMMIT name Plate

The new MVL custom JBL L300 SUMMIT Name Plate

I think I can repeat the same or other types if anyone is interested but I need time ... contact MP
    Right - and what kind of price would there be for an engraved thick plaque like that be?
    Just a ballpark, please?
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

Obsolete
    These "3D" foilcals are very nice.

I liked the stock 4430 and 4435 "foilcals" due to their thickness so they could be bolted onto the baffle instead of glued if desired.

Hi, Heather, and All,

I asked for a price, too, a while back, and whilst I am sure that the plaques are well worth it, the asking price was more than a little too much for my budget. Your mileage may vary.... GREAT work, though!! Take care, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
    Doc
    The only thing that can never be taken away from you, is your honor. Cherish it, in yourself, and in others.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Mark View Post
    Hi, Heather, and All,

I asked for a price, too, a while back, and whilst I am sure that the plaques are well worth it, the asking price was more than a little too much for my budget. Your mileage may vary.... GREAT work, though!! Take care, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
    Doc
    And that price is ... ???

I mean, if its $500 a pair, there will be few buyers ...
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4

Hi, Heather,

Please go the head of the class, and get a nice gold star, Miss! You are very close to dead on the money!! Are those nice plaques lovely and desireable? Darned right! Will I shell out that kind of money for them? Not a chance. I'd much rather buy another pair of nice JBL's, than spend that kind of coin on a pair of fantastic foil cal/plaques. But, hey, that's just me.... I wish this Gentleman lots of success in his JBL plaque venue, as he seems like a very nice Guy. But, it's a bit too high cotton for me. Take care, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
    Doc
    The only thing that can never be taken away from you, is your honor. Cherish it, in yourself, and in others.

Dead thread revival

Does anyone know of a source for L100 repro foilcals? I thought they used to be sold on EBay, but not any more.

Quote Originally Posted by audiomagnate View Post
    Dead thread revival

Does anyone know of a source for L100 repro foilcals? I thought they used to be sold on EBay, but not any more.
    ebay member sign--shop sells pretty much whatever you want -

(pretty sure thats still rjtimmerman in the thread below, tho he apparently hasn't logged on here since 2011)

http://www.ebay.com/sch/sign--shop/m...p2047675.l2562

Name:  sign--shop.png
Views: 1133
Size:  92.4 KB

Is this guy a bandit or what?

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Mark View Post
    Hi, Heather,

Please go the head of the class, and get a nice gold star, Miss! You are very close to dead on the money!! Are those nice plaques lovely and desireable? Darned right! Will I shell out that kind of money for them? Not a chance. I'd much rather buy another pair of nice JBL's, than spend that kind of coin on a pair of fantastic foil cal/plaques. But, hey, that's just me.... I wish this Gentleman lots of success in his JBL plaque venue, as he seems like a very nice Guy. But, it's a bit too high cotton for me. Take care, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
    Doc
    Doc is right. I'm just askin' about rjtimmerman whose Last Activity on this site on 12-31-2011 10:11 AM. I paid this guy $4.98 each for 8 JBL grill pegs on eBay, plus $2.99 shipping. That's $42.93 for 8 tiny little plastic things that would normally be worth about 10 cents a piece. Like a fool I gave him positive feedback. Did he in turn give me any positive feedback for paying immediately? Hell no! He didn't bother. He just took the money and ran.

Then I ask him if he will sell me two L300 fake foilcals for my L300 lookalikes. He wants $130.00! Even though he was making two of them for someone else the same day! What a racket. But hey, that's just me.

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by tjm001 View Post
    Doc is right. I'm just askin' about rjtimmerman whose Last Activity on this site on 12-31-2011 10:11 AM. I paid this guy $4.98 each for 8 JBL grill pegs on eBay, plus $2.99 shipping. That's $42.93 for 8 tiny little plastic things that would normally be worth about 10 cents a piece. Like a fool I gave him positive feedback. Did he in turn give me any positive feedback for paying immediately? Hell no! He didn't bother. He just took the money and ran.

Then I ask him if he will sell me two L300 fake foilcals for my L300 lookalikes.
    He wants $130.00! Even though he was making two of them for someone else the same day!
    What a racket. But hey, that's just me.

Tom
    Guess it kind of depends on what you want and what its worth to you.
    I did buy a pair of the long JBL monitor foilcals for the 4341 monitors I had a few years back.
    I had plans to make them box stock like new, but I never made/bought grills for them so I never
    actually used the badges, so I turned them over to the new owner when I sold the speakers.

But I never had a pair of custom foilcals made for the "L200 3-ways" I have for many years -
    Listening to them and enjoying them took priority over labelling them ... I never spent $130 for them.

And yep, I bought the delrin pins at one time myself - they weren't available elsewhere and they were worth buying for me -
    they are hardly 10 cent items - I sure didn't have time or gear to turn them on my lathe ...
    although I have run a turret lathe many years ago in the past, I have no lathe at home!

I have a lathe at home and would gladly pay RJ his price for pegs and sockets.

Well, I guess it's the law of supply and demand.

I was just grumpy last night when I wrote the post.

It was worth the price

Rudy's prices aren't cheap but the workmanship is definitely top notch. I doubt i would have sold my mint restored 4333a's for $7000.00 canadian if it werent for the badges and foilcals.
    JBL 4355 | JBL 4351 | JBL 4425 x 2 | JBL XPL 200 | JBL XPL 160 | JBL 4345

Thread Information