Thread: Oscar® sound category predictions for 2008?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    JBL 4645

Smile Oscar® sound category predictions for 2008?

Last year was full of hits and misses at the cinema some of which have special place for most of us, the sound and sound effects editing categories for 2008?

Oscar nominations will be announced on Thursday, January 22, 2009, at 5:30 a.m. PT in the Academy's Samuel Goldwyn Theatre. (13:30 GMT)
    http://www.oscar.com/

Oscars goes live on Sunday February 22nd 2009 5PT/8ET.

My prediction list goes as follows.

Wall•E
    Best
    Sound effects editing
    Sound

Mamma Mia!
    Best
    Sound

Cloverfield
    Best
    Sound effects editing
    Sound

The Dark Knight
    Best
    Sound effects editing
    Sound

Quantum of Solace
    Best
    Sound effects editing

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
    Best
    Sound effects editing
    Sound

JBL 4645
    Sound editing
    The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
    Iron Man
    Wanted
    Slumdog Millionaire
    Wall-E

Sound mixing
    The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
    The Dark Knight
    Wanted
    Slumdog Millionaire
    Wall-E

Well I’m still trying to calm down after my cat Sooty freaked out in the waiting area of pet hospital and its another night in for him poor Sooty.

Anyway I’ll hold my head up high for the moment as he’s in processional care.

I have only but three of the this years nominees on DVD after listening to them over the past few months, (Ironman 2008) was the first flowed by (The Dark Knight 2008) and then (Wall•E 2008) I’d have to say I think Wall•E stands positive chance for Best sound effects editing its well crafted blend of sounds effects that happen all-around.

Weird that Quantum of Solace didn’t make it though as only few James Bond films have in the past with Thunderball 1966 Best Effects.

(Wanted 2008) not sure what this is about as I saw the DVD on coffee table around friends late of last year. I know who stars in it just didn’t appeal to the look of the front cover, guess its got wild sound effects buzzing and blearing away.

As to (The Curious Case of Benjamin Button2008) seen the trailer DVD won’t be out till at least well after the awards show. (Slumdog Millionaire 2008) haven’t the slightest clue what the hell this is?

The Dark Knight was okay and for the sakes of who cares really about LFE.1 is just sad to say the least a general frequency sweep would suffice.

I liked the opening with few half dialogue inner centre pans that pricked my ears up.

Iron Man was oaky a bit loud and I’d be surprised if it picks up any. To be straight and honestI just wasn’t in the mood for loud films this year.

Wall•E was right up my alley it a few mild loud moments that wasn’t pushing to be in your face and plenty of sonic action swooping around down the sidewall surrounds on the centre back along the fronts and clear focused futuristic dialogue that would serve well.

JBL 4645

Thumbs down Bugger The Rich Ass Oscars

Oscars was a load of bollocks rubbish it was pants worst show since last year. It was waste of my time staying up to watch a load of rich ass snobs in Los Angeles in tart whore dress, never again! Bugger the Oscars!

Next-time I’ll see who is who in the sound category then wait the day after for the results I’m not wasting my time sitting by the computer because the rich snobs don’t want to stream the show live on their rich ass snob site.

Bugger scumdog I was rooting for WANTED.

Slumdog Best Sound
    The Dark Knight Best Sound Effects Editing

Thread Information