Greetings all,

Although I'm not as active on this forum as I once was, I do check in from time to time to see who is doing what. I thought I'd contribute a little here as I'm very excited that vinyl seems to be making a real comeback. I went up to my local music store the other day (Newbury Comics, Boston area) and was quite surprised to see a small section of brand new records. I was even more shocked to find audiophile versions of classic recordings and not just 12" R&B/House singles. They had many, many things to choose from and I know where my free money is going in the months to come.

Long story short, I left there with brand new, 180 gram copies of:

Van Morrison "Moondance"
U2 "Joshua Tree"
Santana "Abraxas"
Hendrix "Axis Bold as Love"

I had to leave behind AC/DC, Allman Bros, Clapton, Grateful Dead, Rolling Stones, Floyd, etc. All were 180 gram audiophile records and most were reasonably priced (under $30). Some were under $20.

I'm excited as hell to be listening to absolutely stunning copies of classic records again. I invested in a new preamp finally (Mac C220) and an outboard MC step-up preamp (Pro-Ject Tube Box II) and once again the 250's have proved they still have more detail to give. I keep upgrading components over the years and every time they prove to me why I bought them.

JBL and classic vinyl...it's 1983 all over again, only better .

jblnut