Thread: Any suggestions how to repair a 1/4 inch hole in the surround of my 108H mid?

Any suggestions how to repair a 1/4 inch hole in the surround of my 108H mid?

I recently bought a pair of used 108H 8" mids for my 250ti's, and one of the surrounds (pleated style?) has a 1/4 tear/hole in it.

Is there any type of flexible glue or material that I could use to repair the hole? It almost seems like I could leave it as is, but if there is a fix I could do I would value your suggestions.

Well one good thing, you are not using it as a woofer so low excursion and little pressure variation. Just a thought but a dab of rubber cement on the back side might do the trick. It's flexible, easy to remove and fairly benign so it shouldn't harm anything. I used it to repair a tear in a 2118 surround and it worked out very well.

If you have a hole I did a repair on 123A woofers a while back. I cut the surround off a damaged cone and used that to patch the hole. Heated things up with a hair dryer, got real sticky and once it cooled it worked very well.

I think you would want to try the rubber first.

Hope this helps

Rob
    "I could be arguing in my spare time"

Rob
    Sound like the rubber cement worked well for your repairs, and it does seem like the right kind of material to use.

It is a very small hole, it just bugged me to not try to do some repair to it.

Thanks for your tip

Thread Information