I finally got the Apollo's restored...er renovated I guess would be a better term
They sound real nice, I must say.
This is the first set of bullets I've ever run & now I know what you guys mean about them being like lasers When you're standing...they sound very different than when you're sitting & right in their aim
Will post a few pictures tomorrow...I'm happy to have resurrected them...well worth the effort. I guess I'm into them for about $1800, which may sound like a lot but they're definitely running a very high "Wife Acceptance Factor"...& there's something to be said for that
They basically look like brand new 60's Apollo's only sound much better
I think I can say that the only JBL's I've owned that sound better are the 4343A's I sold Calvin & the 250Ti's Tom's enjoying down in Portland.
Tom...you'll be happy to know that the Polk's are gone! Actually...my wife is the happy one. They were just too big...no windows to look out with them around here
So they've been replaced with the 4333A's, the Apollo's, A cute little pair of 4301B's & the 4345's will be arriving home very soon.
So the question is, with all the blue paint around here...should the Apollo's be treated to a nice covering of Zilch cloth
Do any of you guys have one early screw on style L91 Lens you want to trade for a later velcro unit? I have a mismatched set & I'd rather use the oldies on these old Apollo's. The way the horns mount, it's easy to bolt them from behind on these.