Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Digital equalization/audio degradation

Quote Originally Posted by Rolf View Post
    Yes, I know that darling, but I am willing, and for me it is worth it. And from time to time I can afford to buy such things. I must admit I must other things I want come on second place. I am not a million-er you know.

Quite all right. But if you want something you know makes a difference, you save until you can get it.

Music, Hi-Fi, reproduction of the sound, to get it as close to the real thing is something I have been having for a "hobby" for over 40 years.

I started with a "Lenco"? player, about US$ 25. Maybe I shall tell my story in a thread. I think I will.

In a few days, look in the "Off Topic" - "Rolf's Hi-Fi Story"

Cheers baby!
    http://www.audioheritage.org/vbullet...72&postcount=6

http://www.audioheritage.org/vbullet...t.php?p=235571

Hi Rolf,

I think its too early in the year to spa over hifi jewellery particularly when I read about some members selling their home built JBLs in difficult circumstances

The problem with all this stuff is that whether we spent a fortune or hunt for a bargin well all have a loyalty to what we own and we like to think it sounds best "to our ears". But dont ever expect anyone or everyone else to entirely agree with your Hifi prowess.

For example, you like your 4343's and consider them to be superior to other more contemporary systems. You are entitled to that opinion but its not an absolute that eveyone else accept that view...its all about what your ears and experiences tell that makes you happy. Nothing is perfect.

After a while most people find a combination of gear that works for their ears and their environment. If your CD player makes your speakers "sing" that is all that matters.

Quote Originally Posted by jblnut View Post
    For the curious and open-minded, there is some great info on this website. I'm not taking sides here, as I've mostly decided that LP's sound superior to CDs on my equipment in my room. Your mileage may vary of course...

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/

jblnut
    Hi Nut,

I have followed that forum from time to time.

There appears to be an art to making a good PC Music bank but those that have persisted certainly appear very happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Mackenzie View Post
    http://www.audioheritage.org/vbullet...72&postcount=6

http://www.audioheritage.org/vbullet...t.php?p=235571

Hi Rolf,

I think its too early in the year to spa over hifi jewellery particularly when I read about some members selling their home built JBLs in difficult circumstances

The problem with all this stuff is that whether we spent a fortune or hunt for a bargin well all have a loyalty to what we own and we like to think it sounds best "to our ears". But dont ever expect anyone or everyone else to entirely agree with your Hifi prowess.

For example, you like your 4343's and consider them to be superior to other more contemporary systems. You are entitled to that opinion but its not an absolute that eveyone else accept that view...its all about what your ears and experiences tell that makes you happy. Nothing is perfect.

After a while most people find a combination of gear that works for their ears and their environment. If your CD player makes your speakers "sing" that is all that matters.
    Hi Ian, and thank you for your reply.

Yes of course I don't expect that many (if any) to agree with my choice of equipment. The only thing I am trying to say is that "this in what works for me". I don't agree with a lot of people regarding the stuff they use, but I respect it. I have a motto, had it for years, that "if you are happy with your system, it's ok".

Here, in my area, we started a club for people who have hi-fi/sound or equipment as a hobby. At present we are about 35. The first Tuesday every month we come together at one of the members home to listen to music and talk. Of course not everybody is able to come every time, so about 10-14 are the normal. We have no member fee, and anyone can join as long as they behave ok.

We don't have any rules, but one unwritten rule is "newer to throw dirt on" what we hear or see at the member we are visiting regarding his or hers equipment. (So far only male members. HEY girls, Come On!)

Finally Ian, yes my cd player (and the rest of my chosen equipment) makes my speakers sing. I guess you have the same feeling, and so does a lot of people.

Thread Information