The goal of this thread is to discuss the pros and cons of generic port placement in a DIY speaker system consisting of two woofers per cabinet (one large box with an internal dividing partition) and its respective port system.

I poked around for an existing thread that covered this topic, but I did not see anything. If I am wrong, please accept my apology.

I just finished internal dimension drawings for a new DIY project that will have (per cabinet) a 2370A horn at the top with a 2425H horn driver, 2 each 2235H 15" woofers, and a 2245H in a "quasi-5th order" alignment cabinet tuned to 20 Hz.

I have not cut any wood, so I am flexible to any design input!

The entire unit is vertical to accomodate the room it will be used in (~3,000 square foot youth room with 5/8" drywall, drop acoustic tile ceiling at 12', and office carpet over concrete).

Given: Each 15" woofer cabinet uses 2 each ports (4" ID x 11" long)

Here is my question:
If I have two 2235H 15" woofers in one cabinet, using a dividing partition, and mounted vertically, where should I place the 2 ports in each of the 15" woofer cabinets?

Believe I have 3 options:
1) Make both cabinets like the 4430's with 2 ports in each cabinet at 11 and 1 o'clock above the woofer.

2) Make the upper cabinet like the 4430's and the lower cabinet with the ports at 7 and 5 o'clock. This would have the woofers close to each other with the ports above and below its woofer respectively.

3) Make the ports close to each other (ports at the bottom of the upper cabinet and the top of the lower cabinet) making the woofers farther from each other.

-Another variable are the 2235H cabinets will be sitting on a 12 cubic foot 2245H sub-woofer cabinet with one large port (9" diameter x 30" long - 2245H in a "quasi-5th order" alignment cabinet tuned to 20 Hz). Where should I put this port in respect to the two 15" woofer cabinets sitting on top of this?

-Another side question:
1) Is it better to build one huge cabinet vertically or 3 medium/large cabinets stacked and mechanically attached to each other? This will be used in a busy room and I like the idea on one huge beefy cabinet that will not be tipped over easily (or moved). I am currently planning to build "separate" boxes inside the one huge box. Any thoughts?

I honestly do not know what to do in this situation as I have never built a multi-woofer system.

Your help is always greatly appreciated!

-Scott, N9ONK