Thread: He Sets, He Shoots, He Scores!

He Sets, He Shoots, He Scores!

Well I think I finally got one of those good CL deals! Will pick up Sunday, let's cross our fingers there will be no surprises.

SPEAKERS - JBL 100T - $200 (ANDERSON)

These speakers are in excellent condition. No scratches and the grills are perfect.

They are the old top of the line for JBL. They are 3 way speakers with titanium tweeters and 12 inch woofers. The bass in these speakers kicks butt. Not many better speakers than these (even today) for rock and roll.

The woofers have been recently refoamed and the tweeters rebuilt.

You will not find a better speaker deal anywhere at any price!!!
    I just need to get rid of them as I finally replaced them.

Be advised - these are large speakers (3 ft tall & 16 inches wide)

JBL 4645
    I bet there not easy to lift as well nice catch.

You will love them, I have a pair and they will stay in my family for years to come. Mine will go to my son in a few years.

I have a pair (along with a pair each of its smaller siblings, the L80T and L60T). The L100T is an awesome speaker, head and shoulders above anything (reasonably priced) that JBL sells today. The retail price for the L100T was WAY more I could afford as a university student (it was a stretch to buy the L60Ts! I seem to remember paying $800 for a set in 1987). I was very lucky to buy a pair of L100T locally, and apart from a few minor marks on the cabinet, they are in fantastic shape. You will love the sound; the bass is incredible. I'd like to find a pair of L20Ts, to complete the family. Great speakers.

The L100T/L100S/L100T3 are an AMAZING pair. I just had to chime in because I'm currently destroying my hearing with a pair of T3.

VALUE.

Congrats, Don

I recently picked up a pair for $85. Of course, the veneer is in pretty lousy shape, and the surrounds were shot. I figured that if I liked the way they sounded, I could make them look good again with a bit of work and about $100. So I re-foamed and hooked 'em up.....and was disappointed. The bass sounded muddy, the mids not detailed enough, just not my cup of tea. See here
    http://www.audioheritage.org/vbullet...ad.php?t=22968
    I'm having a pair of L100T3 crossovers made up, in hopes they will improve the sound.
    Let us know what you think of you L100T's

Quote Originally Posted by evans224 View Post
    just not my cup of tea.
    Compared to what?

I like my 4410's. I loved my old 4311A's. I enjoy the precision of studio monitors, I think would be a fair statement

Well I have to agree after comparing to my Jubals and a pair of smaller customs with L100 uppers and LE10's. Mids not near detailed enough. Please let me know what your crossover mods do!

Thread Information