Thread: General Impressions of the 4430s and L300s?

General Impressions of the 4430s and L300s?

Hi
    I know this is a tough thing to describe and easier listened to than talked about. However, I do not have these speakers that I know of to listen to in town (unless there are volunteers).

I have a set of LSR32s that I absolutely love, but I would like to add (or replace) a bigger set of JBLs in my studio. The 4430s have been around for eternity and have great reviews. I have heard a lot of compliments about the L300s.

As I said above, i have the LSR 32s. I also have a set of Vandersteen Model 5s in my livingroom and some maggies in my home theater.

If possible, could someone use any set of those speakers as a reference as to what I might hear different or similar in the 4430s and the L300s?

Thanks a ton.

I'll take some heat for this, but the LSR32s are the best of the three.

Now that some guys' heads have exploded, let me be more specific.

In a studio, I'd want the LSR32s more than the 4430s, and L300s should not be in a studio. I have a really nice pair of 4430s, so it's not that I'm putting them down, but the LSR is many things that the 4430 isn't, including more linear, more precise, more focused, and more efficient--not to mention more modern with better networks.

In a room in a house, it really depends on the size of the room. 4430s can sound pretty good in a medium-sized room, but a large room really demands they hook up with a sub.

The L300s of course were made for home use and the three-way configuration really shines in a medium to big space.

However, in a small to medium space, I'd prefer the LSR32s, perhaps with a sub as the room size got larger.
    Out.

Wow no wonder I like the LSR 32s so much.

I have several sets of near field monitors for mixing. I use my KRK V8s probably the most for that. Whatever i get right on the KRKs sounds incredible on the LSR 32s.

Thread Information