Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: JBL L65 Jubal ??????

Quote Originally Posted by JBL Dog View Post
    L65's will sell for $400 - $1200.
    Check these out JBL Dog..the price is goin up for nice L65's.... $2000.00 http://www.ebay.com/itm/150666202869...84.m1423.l2649
    Vintage JBL and Altec fan

Hey19, nice score. And very nice collection of vintage JBL's and a rare metered Dynaco ST400 too!

All these L65 scores is astounding and also baffling, especially within the last 2-3 years. Don't any of these sellers do any homework? OTOH, gives us lots of incentive to keep looking, scores are still out there.
    When faced with another JBL find, Good mech986 says , JBL Fan mech986 says

Some people just have all the luck finding something like this. What a real score there.

Enjoy!

The rotted foam surrounds....

Quote Originally Posted by mech986 View Post
    Hey19, nice score. And very nice collection of vintage JBL's and a rare metered Dynaco ST400 too!

All these L65 scores is astounding and also baffling, especially within the last 2-3 years. Don't any of these sellers do any homework? OTOH, gives us lots of incentive to keep looking, scores are still out there.
    are a restorers dream. They make the speakers look hopeless and worthless. Nice to know the repairs are cheap and relatively easy. I'm concentrating on Estates sales where the owner just leaves the house full of goodies and the company doing the sale wants to move it.And times are tougher for getting high prices unless they are on Ebay.

Are those Altec 19 on the right?

Lee

Edit.
    Your nickname most likely reflects that they are indeed Altec 19s... ;-)

Yes, they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee in Montreal View Post
    Are those Altec 19 on the right?

Lee

Edit.
    Your nickname most likely reflects that they are indeed Altec 19s... ;-)
    but, one woofer is rubbing and needs to be sent to Great Plains. I'm switching between the 80t's and the Jubals.

Thumbs down Wow!

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCCA View Post
    That's great. We're all so happy for you.

Please feel free to show us pics of your catch with their re-surrounds.

Do you think you could keep you voice down? It's past some of our bedtimes.

Did you see 'Grumpy Old Men', the movie?

Quote Originally Posted by Hertzz View Post
    Some of our senior citizen members are like those two. Sometimes they are quite funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Hertzz View Post
    It's just a text thing. Like all-caps. No worries!
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

Quote Originally Posted by shaansloan View Post
    Check these out JBL Dog..the price is goin up for nice L65's.... $2000.00 http://www.ebay.com/itm/150666202869...84.m1423.l2649
    Hello Shaan,

Gotta say that is a very extrordinarily super clean pair of L-65A's. Probably not another pair this clean in existence unless one found themselves a factory sealed pair tucked away somewhere.

I can understand why the bidding topped out at such, as many recognized the rarity of ever finding such a clean, unmolested pair.

The four Jubals I have are almost as clean, with just a couple small minor tiny indentations-dents on the front edges of a coupe of the cabinets. All of mine were modded with high quality X-Overs to factory specs , and also dumped the stock Binding Posts, for all solid Copper Edison Price 5-ways.

But the 4430 Monitors you helped me get are as clean as these L-65's you show. Been real happy with these. Mark

Three things about that auction

Quote Originally Posted by markd51 View Post
    Hello Shaan,

Gotta say that is a very extrordinarily super clean pair of L-65A's. Probably not another pair this clean in existence unless one found themselves a factory sealed pair tucked away somewhere.

I can understand why the bidding topped out at such, as many recognized the rarity of ever finding such a clean, unmolested pair.

The four Jubals I have are almost as clean, with just a couple small minor tiny indentations-dents on the front edges of a coupe of the cabinets. All of mine were modded with high quality X-Overs to factory specs , and also dumped the stock Binding Posts, for all solid Copper Edison Price 5-ways.

But the 4430 Monitors you helped me get are as clean as these L-65's you show. Been real happy with these. Mark

1) He had every conceivable packing slip, tag, manual and box that came with the original purchase. 2) His pictures were many and from every angle with excellent closeups. 3) His speakers were of exceptional condition. These three things make for a profitable auction. A rare situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Hey19 View Post
    1) He had every conceivable packing slip, tag, manual and box that came with the original purchase. 2) His pictures were many and from every angle with excellent closeups. 3) His speakers were of exceptional condition. These three things make for a profitable auction. A rare situation.
    Gotta totally agree with what you say. I too have basically everything with my four L-65 Jubals, but they technically cannot be called an "unmolested" set of four anymore, when I changed X-Overs, L-Pads to 100W units on the backs of the Cabs, and the Edison Price Binding Posts.

Sadly, I had little choice, 30 plus years of hammering them, took their toll, the L-Pads went wonky, two of the X-Overs had bad components, and I was never a lover of the cruddy little Push Pin Speaker Terminals.

No longer do I have Iron Core Inductors, those were substituted with Goertz Alpha Core Air Wound Inductors, (1mh 300W rated for the 126A drivers) Solen Caps throughout. All wiring was upgraded as well, to 12ga from Binding Posts to X-Overs, and onto the Bass Drivers, and 16 ga used otherwise throughout.

Twice I went through total recones of all four 126A's. Sadly, the kits are not available anymore, so I'll have to be careful with them in the future.

All sadly sit tucked away, as the 4430's have taken center stage in my main system. Damn shame I don't have the room here to set the Jubals up, I have two very nice Sansui Quad Recievers (QRX 7001-7500)t could be used with them. Two Quad Teac decks as well.

Shaan helped me with the shipping of the 4430's. Would've easily cost me more than double, compared to the prices he got me, to have the pair shipped 1100 miles to me.

Also a many thanks to Tom Tatman, from Catamount Studios, where he had stumbled onto my unmolested 4430 pair that never were used in a studio envoirnment. Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Hey19 View Post
    That seller's photos made one of TiDomes threads look positively lacking in detail... geez, it's great to be able to see all of that detail. I have to say, it was something of a nostalgia fest just to look at his pictures. Those L65s seem to have some how managed to avoid the aging process... pretty remarkable.

Widget

jubals

Quote Originally Posted by markd51 View Post
    Gotta totally agree with what you say. I too have basically everything with my four L-65 Jubals, but they technically cannot be called an "unmolested" set of four anymore, when I changed X-Overs, L-Pads to 100W units on the backs of the Cabs, and the Edison Price Binding Posts.

Sadly, I had little choice, 30 plus years of hammering them, took their toll, the L-Pads went wonky, two of the X-Overs had bad components, and I was never a lover of the cruddy little Push Pin Speaker Terminals.

No longer do I have Iron Core Inductors, those were substituted with Goertz Alpha Core Air Wound Inductors, (1mh 300W rated for the 126A drivers) Solen Caps throughout. All wiring was upgraded as well, to 12ga from Binding Posts to X-Overs, and onto the Bass Drivers, and 16 ga used otherwise throughout.

Twice I went through total recones of all four 126A's. Sadly, the kits are not available anymore, so I'll have to be careful with them in the future.

All sadly sit tucked away, as the 4430's have taken center stage in my main system. Damn shame I don't have the room here to set the Jubals up, I have two very nice Sansui Quad Recievers (QRX 7001-7500)t could be used with them. Two Quad Teac decks as well.

Shaan helped me with the shipping of the 4430's. Would've easily cost me more than double, compared to the prices he got me, to have the pair shipped 1100 miles to me.

Also a many thanks to Tom Tatman, from Catamount Studios, where he had stumbled onto my unmolested 4430 pair that never were used in a studio envoirnment. Mark
    hey ill buy those jubals if you have no room for them ,??? bmrtoyo

Thread Information