Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: JBL L65 Jubal ??????

L65 woofers need some work

I have a pair of L65s in my garage. The foam ring is shot on the woofers. I want to get these replaced and sounding good again. Where can I get this done?

We got these speakers in the mid-70s when my Mom worked for JBL. I grew up listening to these speakers and loved their sound. What are they going for these days? Just curious.

2445J drivers on 2380A horns for sale

I have 3 of these units complete, looking for $300 apiece. All are in good condition. Is this price right?

JBL Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by DFXNoCal View Post
    I have a pair of L65s in my garage. The foam ring is shot on the woofers. I want to get these replaced and sounding good again. Where can I get this done?

We got these speakers in the mid-70s when my Mom worked for JBL. I grew up listening to these speakers and loved their sound. What are they going for these days? Just curious.
    L65's will sell for $400 - $1200.

JBL Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by DFXNoCal View Post
    I have 3 of these units complete, looking for $300 apiece. All are in good condition. Is this price right?
    Used prices are depressed on large format pro gear. $300 would definitely be on the high end. $225 - $250 per set is more in-line with current market conditions (assuming everything is in good shape).

I would recommend trying to sell your components on Craigslist. I just sold a nice set of 2446J's on the local CL. I couldn't get a bite on eBay. I put them on CL for the same buy-it-now price and they sold within 48 hours. I came out ahead by about $33 selling them locally for cash.

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by BigBusa View Post
    I almost had you both beat!

I went to the salvation army a couple month back and sitting by the door with sold signs on them were a pair of L65 Jubals. They were mint but the woofer surrounds were going bad. Even both glass tops were there and perfect.

I asked the guy what he pair and he said $20 for the pair!

5 mins earlier and they would have been mine! :o

The tweeters in the jublas sell for around $500 a pair on ebay!!!!!

Iv'e got you all beat. L65As (FREE) from craigslist and the guy delivered them to my house. Everything mint except woofer surrounds, I gave him some basil from my garden and we called it even. That was a good day

JBL L65 Jubal speakers

I got all you guys beat!I found a pair of these JBL L65 Jubal speakers at a yard sale right near me last week for $10!They worked,but the woofers needed to be refoamed.I got this done for $110 and they sound good!Cabinets are nice too.I also bought a Marantz 4240 receiver from the same people for $20.The lady's father bought them both new.I also got the owners manuals with them too.

That's great. We're all so happy for you.

Please feel free to show us pics of your catch with their re-surrounds.

Do you think you could keep you voice down? It's past some of our bedtimes.
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

Talking JBL speakers

I'm in Los Angeles.I just bought a pair of these same speakers last week at a yard sale near me for $10.The woofers need to be refoamed.Theres a place in North Hollywood California I go to thats real good.Its called GSS.They reparied a bunch of items for me over the years.They're the only place I go for speaker repair.Good Luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by JBL Dog View Post
    L65's will sell for $400 - $1200.

L65 vs JUBAL L65

I have some L65's, 122a woofer, LE5-5 mids, 077 Tweets. They say L65 on the tag.
    I have been offered some Crossovers from some JUBAL L65's that evidently had and 126A woofer in them.
    The crossover's from the JUBAL L65 look very different from my L65 (not marked Jubal) are they the same in function? Compatible? What was the difference between the 122 and the 126 woof?

I'm looking for cabinets to restore my speakers. i need to re foam the 122's, and the cabinets are toast...one of the crossovers has some mouse pee on it...

Can someone share some knowledge with me about these speaks and such?

rfghz
    Quote Originally Posted by bookasan View Post
    I just purchased a pair of JBL L65 speakers for $90 from a thrift store.
    The one's I bought do not say "Jubal" on them and they have 122A woofers. I have noticed some have 126A woofers in them and some are marked Jubal.
    What is the difference between the ones marked "Jubal" and the ones marked just L65?
    Are the 126A's prefered over the 122A's?
    what you have is a pair of L65A's...look down to the right I believe, (below "Model L65" on foilcal) and you will see a teeny little "A".....your port is on the bottom left, yes? (notice I used the word yes instead of right!)......methinks the port on the bottom looks much cooler asfor me I ripped out the crossover and tossed them in the can....used electronic crossover/ tri-amped....wish I saved the X-over at this point as the L65's seem to command a high price on e-pay these days....

My lucky day.

Got these at an estate sale today. $5, my first real steal. Will go through all drivers and crossovers and spruce up the wood. About an 8 out of 10.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Wow that is a steal! They might as well have been free, your lucky day indeed.
    If we knew what the hell we were doing, we wouldn't call it research would we.

Holy Batman. $5.00?

Congratulations.

I have been looking for a score like this for 30 years. Did OK recently with my 222's, but for five bucks? Wow. Enjoy them for awile before you sell, you might just want to keep them! I still have a pair, as do many forum members. R.Cobb you have a new customer!

Got the bright idea of robbing my L166's of their 122A's to test out the Jubals

Pulled the 122A's , made sure to reverse polarity=green to black, red to black. Pots were cleaned set to zero and off I went. Sounds good. Now, must buy the foam surrounds and redo the 126's. May put them back in the L166's. Here are a few pics.
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Thread Information