After much thought and consideration as to the question of doubling up my Altec Lancing (AL) M14's, M15's, and the replies posted, I've arrived at a decision.
Six cabinets shall be constructed of 17 ply's of Russian Baltic Birch plywood. The inner surfaces of the cabinets shall be lined with .250" HDF board and the outer surfaces with .125" MDF board. Internal cabinet bracing shall be randomly spaced as to minimize the free area between the bracing. The bracing shall be constructed of 2.50"x 2.0" Ash stock. Two cabinets shall house the AL 12" LF drivers to the original AL cabinet specifications, re-calculated to accommodate the additional bracing, dampening, and deletion of the HF horn structures and crossover networks. The third cabinet shall contain an original AL specification horn body of the M14 fabricated of a polyurethane/ carbon fiber composite. It shall be placed between the LF cabinets. The M15 horn assembly is to be eliminated. This cabinetry shall mimic the original AL cosmetics of the M14. The passive crossover network shall be replaced with an active unit of Rane Manufacturing. These cabinets shall have cabinet spikes of my design with only the lower LF unit receiving adjustable height/angle assemblies. The cabinet assembly shall be of a vertical nature with the HF unit placed between the LF units.
I wish to personally thank you all for your expertise and interest in this project. Your input has spawned, in me, intensive research and a further education on speaker design and implementation. The differential response to my question has enveloped this matter with a series of correct design possibilities. I will always remain open to your further suggestions and highly respect your knowledge. Sincerely, Eugene...Jeenie67.