Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dance and Trance Me

Dance and Trance Me

In my frequent wanderings in the new Target store in San Pedro, I usually stop by the Wii aisle, the DVD aisles, and the CD aisles. Twice in the past month, there was at least one Ultra Records disc on sale under $10, usually tucked into the last bin on the last aisle next to soundtracks.

First I picked up Ultra.2009 and later Ultra.Dance 09. I've been listening nonstop for days now, and I have to say this genre of electronic music and its sub-genres of dance and trance are never-ending sources of revelation and musical pleasure.

Now my music collection has more trance in it than anything else, with classical second, jazz third, dance fourth, classic rock fifth, World music sixth, New Age seventh, musical/soundtrack eighth, and pop last. Of course, these are generic categorizations, since classical includes symphonic, orchestral, chamber, ensemble, solo instrumental, solo voice, choir, Baroque, opera, cantata, etc.

Electronic is all I have on my iPhone and iPod. It goes with me from office to office on the iPod and everywhere with the iPhone.
    Out.

For reference, the Apple Lossless sounds just great in my office JBL systems:

4430/B380
    L250
    L7

The L7 system plays the best, with a near perfect room and bi-amped with two Soundcraftsmen A400 amps. Since the office is in the Arts District with a door to the street, it attracts a lot of eclectic female artists and artisans who tend to like what I like (in music anyway).
    Out.

Obsolete
    Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Dome View Post
    Electronic is all I have on my iPhone and iPod. It goes with me from office to office on the iPod and everywhere with the iPhone.
    So what you are saying is that you now live in a trance?

... it attracts a lot of eclectic female artists and artisans who tend to like what I like (...).
    I never knew that it could be called trance

Trance?
    No jbl system should be subjected to music, and I use the term very loosely, of that calibre. When were Classical and Baroque the same thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Allanvh5150 View Post
    Trance?
    No jbl system should be subjected to music, and I use the term very loosely, of that calibre. When were Classical and Baroque the same thing?
    C'mon, a bit of Oakenfold and the Japanese Soup Warriors
    is GOOD for the soul!
    slice and dice music for the slice and dice DIY speakerfanz
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

Quote Originally Posted by 4313B View Post
    So what you are saying is that you now live in a trance?
    I've been in a trance most of my life, just like everyone else on this site. I'm just ready to admit it.
    Out.

Quote Originally Posted by Allanvh
    Trance?
    No jbl system should be subjected to music, and I use the term very loosely, of that calibre.

You're certainly entitled to your opinion, even if it is bollocks. The better JBL systems are among the few that can do this music justice.

When I write "better JBL systems" I'm not referring to studio monitors, though some of them might be capable as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Allanvh
    When were Classical and Baroque the same thing?
    They weren't and aren't. Maybe my poor word choice confounded you. I just lumped it all together like they do at Borders, Tower, or other retailers where there's just a "classical" section that's a catch all for all those genres.

I suppose I could separate it all out for you, but I don't want to. My intent was not to create a detailed list.
    Out.

Blast off!

TD, what are some of the artists of this new (to me) genre. I dont know if Sound Tribe Sector 9 falls into this category but its certainly fun stuff. I actually just ordered some cd's today, Thrillseekers, some Armin van Buuren, and a couple of other STS9 cds. No really sure what to expect but some of it was certainly interesting to say the least. Not a big techno or dance kind of guy but what I've heard so far was pretty cool.

Hipno! the next frontier (does it exist already!?)
    Just Play Music.

Obsolete
    I've been in a trance most of my life, just like everyone else on this site. I'm just ready to admit it.

4313B

This music, some of those $500.00 caps and one could be telported into the mythical magical & ever so elusive 5th dimension
    Just Play Music.

Obsolete
    Quote Originally Posted by Krunchy View Post
    4313B

This music, some of those $500.00 caps and one could be telported into the mythical magical & ever so elusive 5th dimension
    Yeah Baby!

up, up and away

Classic 5th!

Quote Originally Posted by 4313B View Post
    Yeah Baby!

up, up and away

Oh thats too much! thank you I enjoyed that (great skirts to boot)
    Just Play Music.

Them fish are really biting hard today....

Quote Originally Posted by Allanvh5150 View Post
    Trance?
    No, sorry, got to disagree here.

Now, the typical stuff heard on the radio can be a bit cheesey, or just downright lame, BUT, I find trance, stuff that has much melody, and IS music, IN EVERY SENSE!

Check out A trance tune called Sunday Morning Walk by Arney S, available at www.beatport.com. IT IS NOT NOISE! It's music, and this is why I can play the music I do, because i SEARCH for my music, thru tons of pop music ca-ca, and in general mediocre wannabe drivel, BUT, there is certainly music in every genre, and every type of music style.

You cannot judge these genres, by what you hear on the radio stations. Because what a GREAT DJ plays in a club, is so vastly different from commercial cheesey radio tunes.

There is another level, the next plateau, a HIGHER STATE OF BEING!

And some very symphonic, and orchestral sounding, well made, musical, high quality, AMAZINGLY well produced trance, techno, and house music, BUT you don't hear it on the radio, XM, or Sirius!
    scottyj

Thread Information