Thread: 2405's in a 4435

2405's in a 4435

Chap in OZ selling empty 4435 cabinets, he has made new ones with 2405's in them ........ Personally I am astounded that they would need them, I get plenty of UHF out of mine but I suppose it might make the response graph look a bit better if nothing else. Here is a pick of his new ones with the 2405's (novel approach I thought) and a link to his ebay sale http://cgi.ebay.com.au/jbl-4435-stud...1%7C240%3A1318 just in case someone would like some empty cabs with nothing but the sound dampening material in them .
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    4435, 4430, 4315, 4312B.
    2 x Bryston 4BSST2, BGW 203, JBL 5235, Aphex 720.

Another example

A photo found on Internet dating from 2004
    Attached Images Attached Images  

parts and pieces

The horn baffle is held on with a handful of short wood screws and glue and can be removed, flipped and reglued to make a mirror pair. You need to expose the screw heads and use one really long putty knife or similar metal shim.

I have done it to a handful of 4430 and 4425's.

Should someone down under on this forum restore these, I have a set of foilcals, crossovers and *maybe* a set of horns....

sub

improve ultra high frequency of 4430

Hi Sub,

After read through your thread, I presume maybe you have an idea to improve the ultra high frequency performance of 4430, if so, please advise.

Thanks!

Rgds,
    Fred

Quote Originally Posted by jblbgw_man View Post
    Chap in OZ selling empty 4435 cabinets, he has made new ones with 2405's in them ........ Personally I am astounded that they would need them, I get plenty of UHF out of mine but I suppose it might make the response graph look a bit better if nothing else. Here is a pick of his new ones with the 2405's (novel approach I thought) and a link to his ebay sale http://cgi.ebay.com.au/jbl-4435-stud...1%7C240%3A1318 just in case someone would like some empty cabs with nothing but the sound dampening material in them .
    That is great you Love the UHF sound you get you're speakers. Each individual person who is blessed with the ability of hearing might not like the UHF sound they're getting out of there speaker system. What ever style of music you like the most important thing ever is how does it sound to the individual. A audio salesman or anyone from this forum can give you hundreds of awesome sounding drivers or particular model number of a speaker that absolutely wonderful to them. But you might hear lacking in the low end or vocals are to harsh etc. The most important thing is what speakers or drivers match together sound fantastic to you not the next person. Ultimately please you're on ears and you will be just fine.

Thread Information