Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sometimes, you just can't win!

My mother-in-law won't come for a visit ...

BECAUSE I LOVE MY MUSIC LOUD!!!..........pity

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Widget View Post
    You guys just need a better stereo.
    That was my first thought...

Quote Originally Posted by Rolf View Post
    When they were young there wasn't this kind of speakers..
    Not so much - most of them were of the proper age when many of the speakers we now adore were in circulation.

It ain't about "loud" either. Sure, you can impress someone with monster transients on a dramatic DVD, but that's not the gain structure people listen to.

Most visitors (and grandparents) to my home are stunned with the quality of the 4345's at very low gain - that is what get's their attention. Not only the crisp, clear highs, but the tonal and full bass response - that is when they realize there is nothing offered by Bose that can even approximate the character of that response.

And then, they understand why large cabinet size and 18" woofs really do matter.
    bo

"Indeed, not!!"

Quote Originally Posted by boputnam View Post
    That was my first thought...

Not so much - most of them were of the proper age when many of the speakers we now adore were in circulation.

It ain't about "loud" either. Sure, you can impress someone with monster transients on a dramatic DVD, but that's not the gain structure people listen to.

Most visitors (and grandparents) to my home are stunned with the quality of the 4345's at very low gain - that is what get's their attention. Not only the crisp, clear highs, but the tonal and full bass response - that is when they realize there is nothing offered by Bose that can even approximate the character of that response.

And then, they understand why large cabinet size and 18" woofs really do matter.
    Lots and lots of truth here...especially in that last sentence.

Pete
    L220A's w/B460; 4313B's w/2241-based Sub; 4401's w/JL Audio E112

Good Morning, All,

I really do appreciate all the outstanding comments in this thread, and on my situation with my Mom-in-Law! Very insightful and spot on the money, Friends! I, too, believe that showing the real difference between a JBL system, and Bose, or many other speakers systems, does have much more to do with quality and depth, rather than loudness, overall. Of course, loudness, or the ability to play loudly, when called for, and when musically appropriate.

I also got a smile out of BMWCC and Widget's comments on Boz Scagg's "Dig" CD! My most favorite Scaggs offering is "Come On Home", and of course I really enjoy, "Silk Degrees", and several other older albums that he made. But, I also appreciate many of the songs on "Dig", too. While I do not consider it "true" bass, I actually love the synth bass on some of the songs on that album! I love the feeling of that low bass, even though it's not the same as can be enjoyed with a real stringed bass instrument, and certainly not the same as a good pipe organ can produce! I would not want to listen to that type of low synth-bass all the time, but when I'm in the mood, it's outstanding, as far as I'm concerned!!

In any case, I would have a very hard time going back to any system that could not reproduce any and all types of deep bass, should I wish to enjoy it. Thanks, again, for the outstanding comments, my JBL Friends!! Take care, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
    Doc
    The only thing that can never be taken away from you, is your honor. Cherish it, in yourself, and in others.

Thread Information