Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: JBL Control 10

I believe Zilch has a pair of these hanging around somewhere, too.
    Out.

JBL 4645
    Quote Originally Posted by jan_slagman View Post
    HI JBL 4645,

That's very interesting information you have. I never heard so many details about those speakers. I would be very pleased if you could sent me a copy of the JBL Control 10 information from that brochure. Maybe you can scan that page and send it to me.

With kind regards,

Jan Slagman
    The Netherlands.
    The crappy camera is the only thing I have. I did have scanner that was given to me, expect it didn’t have the CD-Rom to run the program, seems like my friend was trying to dump on me. LOL If you look around there are pdf files available as for the A4 broachers there pretty rare.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Dome View Post
    I believe Zilch has a pair of these hanging around somewhere, too.
    Does he want to sale them, just kidding.

JBL Control 10

Hi JBL 4645,

I noticed your living not that far from Bognor. I once visited that hidihidiho park called Butlin's World. They held a Sixties weekend and i met some 50 British bands from the early Sixties. I know a lot of these lads from the legendary Merseybeat era.

Kind regards,

Jan Slagman
    The Netherlands.

JBL 4645
    Quote Originally Posted by jan_slagman View Post
    Hi JBL 4645,

I noticed your living not that far from Bognor. I once visited that hidihidiho park called Butlin's World. They held a Sixties weekend and i met some 50 British bands from the early Sixties. I know a lot of these lads from the legendary Merseybeat era.

Kind regards,

Jan Slagman
    The Netherlands.
    If you’re talking about Liverpool I’m around 100 miles away from there, south of the UK.

JBL Control 10

Quote Originally Posted by JBL 4645 View Post
    If you’re talking about Liverpool I’m around 100 miles away from there, south of the UK.
    Hi JBL4645,

Bognor Regis is some 70 miles from your place.

Kind regards,

Jan Slagman
    The Netherlands

yes everone knows about it, but here:
    http://www.jblpro.com/products/vintage/index.html
    one can scroll down and in the last chapter lies all the info a control-freak will ever need.

cheers,
    mikey

How to remove the grills of a JBL Control 10

Hi,

Can anyone tell me how to remove the black iron grill of a JBL Control 10, without causing any damage to the loudspeaker ? It looks if they glued the grill to the front, but i am not quiet sure of this.
    I would be very pleased if you could help me in this matter.

Kind regards,

Jan Slagman
    The Netherlands

Hi Jan

If it is anything like the smaller controls the grille is kept in place with non setting mastic ( goo ). If you use a watchmakers screwdriver into one of the holes in the grill at the edge and apply gentle but continuous pressure upwards you will find the grille will start to lift. Begin in one corner and then move on to the next , working your way around. Once it is started it is pretty easy.

Happy New Year ----- Mac

Quote Originally Posted by macaroonie View Post
    If it is anything like the smaller controls the grille is kept in place with non setting mastic ( goo ). If you use a watchmakers screwdriver into one of the holes in the grill at the edge and apply gentle but continuous pressure upwards you will find the grille will start to lift. Begin in one corner and then move on to the next , working your way around. Once it is started it is pretty easy.

Happy New Year ----- Mac
    Thanks a lot Macaroonie,

That's just what i wanted to know.

Kind regards and a very Happy New Year to you,

Jan Slagman
    The Netherlands

I have a dozen of the control 12SR's laying around. I use a pair of them for booth monitors. They can really take a beating.

Jbl Control 10's

Hi, I found your posting about the Control 10's. I just recently bought a pair off eBay for a very good price. I see you had a pair, and I was trying to find some information about them. There is not much on the web about them. Do you still have yours? Would appreciate any info you might have on them. They must not have made them for very long. I was wondering if they were only sold in military installations.
    Appreciate any opinion or information you have.
    Thank you!
    Chad

Here are some handy links:

http://www.jblpro.com/pub/obsolete/Control_10.pdf
    http://www.fullcompass.com/common/fi...ntrol 10LR.pdf

They're medium output SR units, not sold only to the military or exclusively on bases, but rather through JBL Professional. They're highly durable and perform quite admirably in their intended application.
    PT800/PS1400 | ML No 532H | AR Reference 3 | Thorens TD-126, Sumiko FT-3, Talisman S | Musical Surroundings Nova II | NAD M51

Question Substitute driver for the Control 10 119HS-1

Hi,

I just have an issue with my Control 10 after a flooding in home. Fortunately just one 12" woofer is damaged and I am looking for a replacement driver. Now a days there is no production of the 119HS-1 nor original recon kits from JBL. Does anyone have the full technical specifications of the 119HS-1 driver? The information available in the Technical Manual and and the Product Description in JBL site is limited and not detailed to the 119HS-1. I went to the current JBL catalogue and find out the Selenium PRO 12WS600, which seems to be similar in kind.

Your help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by KTamaki View Post
    Hi,

I just have an issue with my Control 10 after a flooding in home. Fortunately just one 12" woofer is damaged and I am looking for a replacement driver. Now a days there is no production of the 119HS-1 nor original recon kits from JBL. Does anyone have the full technical specifications of the 119HS-1 driver? The information available in the Technical Manual and and the Product Description in JBL site is limited and not detailed to the 119HS-1. I went to the current JBL catalogue and find out the Selenium PRO 12WS600, which seems to be similar in kind.

Your help will be appreciated.

Thanks,
    No affiliation with the seller but check out:

http://jamminjersey.com/detail/00642...s-1-12-woofers

He has 3 available but be careful with ordering from him. From what I have read on this forum and even places like yelp that this place has hot and cold results:

https://www.yelp.com/biz/jamminjerse...dio-northridge

Good luck!
    Basement: JBL SVA-1800 and 2226H DIY Enclosures Computer room: Control-5:Control SB-2 Living room: JBL 240ti

JBL Control 10 brochure

Hello, I saw your post and I wonder if you can post a new clear image on the brochure of the Control 10?

Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by JBL 4645 View Post
    I’ve had a good turn out in store cupboard where I was looking of thin (plastic blue folder) that had some rare, well in my opinion it is rare. This is where I would have found A4 size broachers but could find the folder, damn I haven’t the first clue as to where it is of if it was misplaced in moving over the past few years, I know it must be somewhere its not that thick its only a fin folder.

I did however turn this up amongst what my dad would call “junk” no pun intended he just hasn’t sat down to listen to JBL. LOL

So I took a few pictures of all here is small sample from this little hand size JBL broacher. Hmm, printed (1992) so I guess the 10 and 12SR was discontinued around early 1990’s to mid 1990’s?

Last edited by KTamaki; 11-10-2016 at 10:04 AM. Reason: Typo

Thread Information