Thread: JBL Control 10

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

JBL Control 10

Hi JBL friends,

I just scored a pair of JBL Control 10 loudspeakers. Unfortunately a minimum of information can be found on this heritage site. Is there anyone in here who has any experience with these Control loudspeakers ?
    Does anyone know the specifications of the used loudspeakercomponents ? (119HS; 305HS; 037Ti).

With kind regards and
    a Merry X-mas and a Happy New Year to all of you,

Jan Slagman
    The Netherlands.

Start here:

http://www.jblproservice.com/pdf/Con...rol%2010LR.pdf

A lot of this speaker is NLA (no longer available) but I have seen recone kits on that auction site every once and a while.

I have the Control 5's which I really like and use the woofer the 119HS in a pair of Frankenspeakers I built.

Yank
    Basement: JBL SVA-1800 and 2226H DIY Enclosures Computer room: Control-5:Control SB-2 Living room: JBL 240ti

JBL 4645
    You suck yes you really suck! I wouldn’t mind at least 6 of those for the home cinema five for the fronts and one for a back-up or other maybe “the voice of god”.

How much did you pay for them, they where discontinued years ago why, why, why I don’t never will understand why the Control 5 and 1 is still in production. You suck.

What’s the condition of the bass mid driver 12” is no its a 10” driver isn’t ribbon cloth edge surround if memory is right? The mid range is 5” is it not and the tweeter the same as the Control 5. What is the condition of the JBL control 10?

Take some pictures of it yes pictures I like to see it even thou I’ve seen two in the flesh before at guys home many years ago (1990).

They went for 95 euro on our local market place!

Concrats Jan!

JBL Control 10

Quote Originally Posted by Serum View Post
    They went for 95 euro on our local market place!

Concrats Jan!
    Hello Serum,

You're quiete right !!!!! I sniped them last night. They are in a mint condition.

Kind regards,

Jan Slagman
    The Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by JBL 4645 View Post
    You suck yes you really suck! I wouldn’t mind at least 6 of those for the home cinema five for the fronts and one for a back-up or other maybe “the voice of god”.

How much did you pay for them, they where discontinued years ago why, why, why I don’t never will understand why the Control 5 and 1 is still in production. You suck.

What’s the condition of the bass mid driver 12” is no its a 10” driver isn’t ribbon cloth edge surround if memory is right? The mid range is 5” is it not and the tweeter the same as the Control 5. What is the condition of the JBL control 10?

Take some pictures of it yes pictures I like to see it even thou I’ve seen two in the flesh before at guys home many years ago (1990).

12" Bass driver. I documented in a previous thread that the TS parameters make this driver close to the 123A. Happy holidays to all as well!

Yank
    Basement: JBL SVA-1800 and 2226H DIY Enclosures Computer room: Control-5:Control SB-2 Living room: JBL 240ti

Quote Originally Posted by JBL 4645 View Post

Hi JBL 4645,

You can find nice pictures on:

http://www.zenn.com.sg/JBL_Control_10_spkrs.JPG

http://www.jblpro.com/pub/obsolete/Control_10.pdf

http://www.jblproservice.com/pdf/Con...rol%2010LR.pdf

My JBL Control 10's are in a nearly mint condition and they have been used in a youthclub. All components are in good working order and yes these speakers really rock. They are quiete different from my JBL4312A Control Monitors.

With kind regards,

Jan Slagman
    The Netherlands.

JBL 4645
    Quote Originally Posted by bigyank View Post
    12" Bass driver. I documented in a previous thread that the TS parameters make this driver close to the 123A. Happy holidays to all as well!

Yank
    Oh, right I guess the model number threw me off, Control 10. So is it the same bass mid range driver as used in the JBL control 12SR I’m guessing it is.

jan

I’ve seen those pictures before still a nice view but I’ve seen them before I like all-around pictures underneath behind above even inside.

Nice that their in good Nick. Where they mounted on brackets in the youth club? and if so did you get the brackets.

Since the JBL control 1 and 5 are still being produced I wonder just how many JBL control 10 and 12SR that where produced before production stopped on that model.

JBL bring back the JBL Control 10 and 12SR please, pretty please with sugar on top.

Figge
    So how does this thing sound?

Question Substitute driver for the Control 10 119HS-1

Hi,

I just have an issue with my Control 10 after a flooding in home. Fortunately just one 12" woofer is damaged and I am looking for a replacement driver. Now a days there is no production of the 119HS-1 nor original recon kits from JBL. Does anyone have the full technical specifications of the 119HS-1 driver? The information available in the Technical Manual and and the Product Description in JBL site is limited and not detailed to the 119HS-1. I went to the current JBL catalogue and find out the Selenium PRO 12WS600, which seems to be similar in kind.

Your help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by KTamaki View Post
    Hi,

I just have an issue with my Control 10 after a flooding in home. Fortunately just one 12" woofer is damaged and I am looking for a replacement driver. Now a days there is no production of the 119HS-1 nor original recon kits from JBL. Does anyone have the full technical specifications of the 119HS-1 driver? The information available in the Technical Manual and and the Product Description in JBL site is limited and not detailed to the 119HS-1. I went to the current JBL catalogue and find out the Selenium PRO 12WS600, which seems to be similar in kind.

Your help will be appreciated.

Thanks,
    No affiliation with the seller but check out:

http://jamminjersey.com/detail/00642...s-1-12-woofers

He has 3 available but be careful with ordering from him. From what I have read on this forum and even places like yelp that this place has hot and cold results:

https://www.yelp.com/biz/jamminjerse...dio-northridge

Good luck!

Question 119hs-1 replacement substitute

Thanks for the heads up. I will check availability. What do you think to replace them wirh the JBL selenium 12WS600 deiver?

No affiliation with the seller but check out:

http://jamminjersey.com/detail/00642...s-1-12-woofers

He has 3 available but be careful with ordering from him. From what I have read on this forum and even places like yelp that this place has hot and cold results:

https://www.yelp.com/biz/jamminjerse...dio-northridge

Good luck!

JBL Control 10

Just wanted to share my JBL Control 10 find. So amazing! I thought the L-5's were wonderful but now I'm in another sort of heaven. Peace Name:  20170819_195500.jpg
Views: 791
Size:  83.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by whisper10141970 View Post
    Just wanted to share my JBL Control 10 find. So amazing! I thought the L-5's were wonderful but now I'm in another sort of heaven. Peace Name:  20170819_195500.jpg
Views: 791
Size:  83.4 KB
    Very nice.

Thread Information