Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to Bi-amp and maybe Tri-amp

JBL 4645
    Quote Originally Posted by hjames View Post
    Low split feeds JBL/UREI 6260 Amp (but I'm on the verge of replacing that with a 6290 amp for more headroom).
    Headroom what in the blazes are you doing to that 6290 headroom are you kidding, that packed a wallop at the Empire with its original 13KW JBL THX sound system. That room is small about the same size give or take a few -+ inches. Keep the 6290 or get a few more of them.

I need a slightly bigger amp for the JBL 4645 in my room as I fear the RA300 or even possibly an RA500 in bridge mode wouldn’t be enough, if you don’t want the 6290 ship it off to me, LOL just kidding keep it. I’ll be looking at possible Behrenger 2.4KW amp to run the sub safely, but those 6290 served many years at Empire with trilling impact.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Widget View Post
    Hey Val, I am regularly in the PA area... and I have a pile of active crossovers that are not in use. I could lend you an Ashley, Rane, or Audio Arts... I have others that are also in storage, but they are either too expensive, too rare, or not quite working...

send me a PM if you'd like a loaner and help with set up.

Widget
    Now you’re reading Heathers posts too much its Ashly not Ashley LOL your not gay mate, thinking about me mate. LOL

That sounds like an awful lot of processing gear - surely there must be some kind of artifacting in all of that?
    Then again, your primary media is movies, right?

So, which of your Control 5s are you biamping
    (don't think they can be triamped, right?) ??

Quote Originally Posted by JBL 4645 View Post
    Finally x1 Behringer BFQ2496 for parametric EQ for JBL and Eltax A 12-R

And that’s that.
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

JBL 4645
    Quote Originally Posted by hjames View Post
    That sounds like an awful lot of processing gear - surely there must be some kind of artifacting in all of that?
    Then again, your primary media is movies, right?

So, which of your Control 5s are you biamping
    (don't think they can be triamped, right?) ??
    None what so ever no different if one looked at professional Dolby processors raked from top to bottom, thou most of the CP serve a purpose in function for different film formats. I’m just extending the entertainment a little bit here it doesn’t harm the sound I could pass each output from LCR and monitor from a single position.

Let me simply explain. The audio mixer I could unplug it and send the LF LCR into the inputs the send pink noise on automatic cycle from Kenwood KRF-X9050D send the output as single signal to centre channel balance the levels so that it sounds like one signal, no there isn’t anything wrong with what I’m doing.

Some on other sites fear and show concern that I might be degrading the signal. LOL no more than reading someone else’s, post that is having bigger issues and can’t figure out that (elusive Gremlin bug) (oh why can’t I get more bass from my centre channel???)

It works great if it didn’t I wouldn’t have it connected up as it is I’d aim for something a lot simpler. My friend said years ago, oh this might be 18 or 19 years, “all this gear to watch a film” LOL and that was very small at the time. I guess he hasn’t seen the inside of projection room. LOL

Not possible for the Control 5 is only 2-way like most common cinema installs that use one cab loaded with x2 15” for LF and x1 horn for HF. Or 1x LF cab 1x mid range and x1 high range to be powered independently.

You know I’ve kinder improved the sub bass response for the Eltax A12-R the volume on that was never set at full never. Now it is with a little thinking and setting the parametric EQ on the BFQ2496 at 403Hz with steep -36db and Q of 4.0 eliminates vocal dialogue seeping though where in bypass you, could imagine!

The crossover on that sub must be -12db I’d be surprised if it was -24db. The lows for LCRS play stronger and better than before and I use the audio mixer to trim the right amount over to it. You’ll never hear any voice dialogue within normal range of 500Hz seeping though (it’s as if its .1, discrete channel, well almost).

The 6290 has excelent grunt / attack for your application. I used three 6290's for a short time. I wanted amps with no fans and changed to Crown K1's and a K2 running twin B380's, I love the attack and every time I turn it up it still makes my hair stand on end. Ps. I use a Crown VFX-2 crossover, the only problem is my wife has a bad taste in music.

Mark

JBL 4645
    Quote Originally Posted by jbl_daddy View Post
    The 6290 has excelent grunt / attack for your application. I used three 6290's for a short time. I wanted amps with no fans and changed to Crown K1's and a K2 running twin B380's, I love the attack and every time I turn it up it still makes my hair stand on end. Ps. I use a Crown VFX-2 crossover, the only problem is my wife has a bad taste in music.

Mark
    You can always store the amps isolate them from the room to reduce fan noise and reroute all-cables to the amps and from amps to living room etc. There’s no need t ditch them.

Thread Information