Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Dance and Trance Me

Quote Originally Posted by Ducatista47 View Post
    I should elaborate that the playback or burned disc is CD quality if the full audio file was compressed when it was created. One could - and some do - losslessly compress an mp3, for instance, and when decoded a lossy mp3 is the result. Pointless, but it happens. So FLAC, .ape or .wv is not a guarantee.
    Clark
    Hi guys, was off the grid this weekend.

Clark, thank you for your time and explanations and for the links, its very kind of you and I truly appreciate it. As with many things digital these days there seems to be so much to choose from. My only corncern (& thats not really the right word) with music download is that it looks like it could really add up. There was a great Simpsons episode where Lisa wracks up a $1,200.00 bill from iTunes & she did not even realize it.
    Pretty funny stuff but there's plenty of truth to it I wager. Now with used cd sales on the net and even amazon, its tough for me to justify a buck a song (doesnt sound like a lot, as Scotty mentioned) when for a couple of more dollars I can have the whole CD, but thats just me. I would consider this new (to me ) alternative only for music that I could not find on cd which is probably where we are heading anyway. Untill then! (dont tell anyone but, I dont even have an Ipod oh for shame!)

Also, as a casual music enjoyer, having instant access to a song/s is not that crucial, but for someone like Scotty & TD I can see how this would be an invaluable tool.
    I'll take to it in time, like I take to most things....Kicking & Screaming
    Just Play Music.

Quote Originally Posted by scott fitlin View Post
    I
    NOW today, at $1.99 and $2.49, and $3.99 a track, its cheaper, right? BUT there's so much music out there now, and my average weekly spend for music is around $500/wk,and have weeks that exceed this, too. IF THERES FERROCIOUS STUFF I GOTTA HAVE IT! I'm buying huge volume, it's more costly than when they had to actually work to make product. And it is instantly available, OH IM A MUSIC JUNKIE!
    gonna get worse when Patterson slaps a tax on them tunes

http://features.csmonitor.com/innova...ed-itunes-tax/
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

Tom, love your avatar
    Just Play Music.

Quote Originally Posted by Krunchy View Post
    Tom, love your avatar
    its NY also ...just at a younger stage of life...
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

I knew it reminded me of somone.
    Enjoy the snow!
    Just Play Music.

chill out tunes

Due to reading this thread the other night it got me raking through my cd's and today i found a couple of moby albums i hadn't listened to in years. Albums are "18" and "Play",and its the first time i played these albums since i got my sub.A couple of the tracks are a bit not my style,never were, but all my old favorites sounded amazing,really deep clear bass on a few of the tracks.

Thread Information