Thread: LE 20 Dead?

LE 20 Dead?

OK, thanks to 4313B I got the crossover wiring....wired them up and found (1) of my LE20 not functional. When I ohmed it out it was open....so I took it apart to see if I could determine if it was repairable....apparently not see pics......although I cannot see the open visibly with the eye it is still there.....any suggestions on repairing this little guy or has he given up the ghost?

I am determined to breathe new life into these old Barsilays.....I did my first attempt at a refoam on the LE14A's and they sound fabulous! They really sound good with fresh foam....

Also, if so, can anyone sell me an LE20?

Thanks, Shaan
    Attached Images Attached Images     

I have a spare le20-1 that I would let go,whats a fair price?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

You might try your resistance reading on the actual voice coil wires, underneath the solder bead on the front of the cone. this is a typical area of connection failure. If that is the case, you may be able to re-solder the connection between the voice coil leads and the tinsel wire going out to the terminals. VERY, VERY CAREFULLY scrape the black Bostick glue off just enough to expose the copper voice coil wires. If you get a DCR, then re-solder. You might just get lucky!!

Rick (JBL #12)

I've purchased working pairs of these on Fleabay in the $40 - $50 dollar range - buyer beware!

If your driver is blown, you might consider replacing it rather than trying to repair it.

If your driver is from a pair, I would also consider repairing or replacing the pair, not just one, I suppose.

Thread Information