Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SUB: 2235H vs 2242H?

Greetings,

Just checked Parts Express, and they do not say what OS you need for running BB6P. Does anyone know if this will run on a Mac, and if so, what OS you need to be running? Also, I see there is a version that combines both BB6P, and a crossover design program. Is it any good, or is it better to stick with the basic box-building program? Thanks, very much, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
    Doc
    The only thing that can never be taken away from you, is your honor. Cherish it, in yourself, and in others.

Obsolete

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Mark View Post
    Greetings,

Just checked Parts Express, and they do not say what OS you need for running BB6P. Does anyone know if this will run on a Mac, and if so, what OS you need to be running? Also, I see there is a version that combines both BB6P, and a crossover design program. Is it any good, or is it better to stick with the basic box-building program? Thanks, very much, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
    Doc

I typed BB6P into google and found its already been answered here! ...
    Check this thread ...

http://www.audioheritage.org/vbullet...?t=1458&page=5

The shorthand answer is to just buy a POS windows box as all the good programs run on Win machines and not macs (unless you have an Intel mac and can run WIN on that)

Seems that an older machine (like a yard sale buy) may be all you need for these
    audio programs, per Mr Widget
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

Hi, 4313B, Heather, and All,

Yes, I had already read Drew's article about that system, and very much like his "tongue-in-cheek" manner of writing it! I got quite a few laughs out of reading his comments, and had the feeling that he, himself, had a good time writing it! I also had the distinct impression that as he wrote it, he was thinking to himself, "The ignorant morons get what they deserve, if they try to build this thing for home use"!!! Still.... my plans for a JBL 5-way are very similar to what he suggested in that article!

Heather, thanks for the info on BB6P not running on Macs. I may keep my eyes peeled for a PC machine, but to tell you the truth, they hold absolutely NO attraction for me, and would probably be more of a bag of worms than I'd like to have on hand. Still, my brother uses a PC, and maybe I should give him a shout, and ask him for his older one, when he next upgrades, which he had done quite a few times over the years. Getting one from a known source is probably the only way I'd do that, in truth. Not interested in getting someone else's problem machine, especially since I've had Macs since the very first one, and know zip about PC's, other than they are very prone to failure, and very prone to virus infection. Thanks for the link, though. Take care, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
    Doc
    The only thing that can never be taken away from you, is your honor. Cherish it, in yourself, and in others.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Mark View Post
    Hi, 4313B, Heather, and All,

Heather, thanks for the info on BB6P not running on Macs. I may keep my eyes peeled for a PC machine, but to tell you the truth, they hold absolutely NO attraction for me, and would probably be more of a bag of worms than I'd like to have on hand. Still, my brother uses a PC, and maybe I should give him a shout, and ask him for his older one, when he next upgrades, which he had done quite a few times over the years. Getting one from a known source is probably the only way I'd do that, in truth. Not interested in getting someone else's problem machine, especially since I've had Macs since the very first one, and know zip about PC's, other than they are very prone to failure, and very prone to virus infection. Thanks for the link, though. Take care, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
    Doc
    No - what you do is get a basic Windows box, don't EVER go online with it, don't ever put it on your network, keep it isolated from everything you love and hold dear ... don't let it out of the sandbox, as they say ...

But if you just use it to draw charts and graphs, it ought to be safe enough ... (it won't pee in your oatmeal, no matter what the apple fanboys say!)

Yep, I'm on a WinXP box at work, and prefer my trusted PowerMAC at home ...
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

Thread Information