I purchased a pair of L65 Jubals several months ago. These were in mint condition except that the foam surrounds on the 126 woofers had disintegrated. I sold off the 126's and installed a pair of 2213H woofers in their place. I was pretty happy with the resulting sound of these modified Jubals until I discovered this forum. Now, after reading the many posts regarding the variety of 12" LF speakers available, and how each have their own distinct sonic personalities, I'm wondering if I made the a wise decision by going with the 2213H's. I'd like to ask for opinions of the 2213H and recommendations on what would be a better pair of woofers to install in the Jubals to improve their perfomance. Thanks for your help.

Ed S.

PS. Just as an aside to add to the collective database of knowledge out there, I tried swapping out the LE5-5 midranges with a pair of the LE5-2 Alnicos, under the assumption that the Alnicos would be a better midrange. I was wrong. The resulting midrange sounded muffled, almost as if someone had turned the volume down on just the midrange by a couple of notches (guessing 3 to 6db). I listened to it that way for several days but couldn't get used to it so I changed back LE5-5's. I don't know if there's a logical explanation for this but I'd be interested to hear if others have had this same experience.